Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Sunday, April 11, 2010

So Proud of You, Son!

Now you all probably know by now, that I have 3 awesome grown sons.  They are kind, respectful, hardworking, amazingly talented and very good to me!  Above all else...they have great character! 

Last night was my youngest son's time to shine.  He is in Culinary school and yesterday he was the Host of their Spring event.  He looked so handsome all dressed up and took his job for the evening very seriously.


The 'Cajun' Culinary dinner consisted of Hors d'oeuvres, followed by a 7 course meal.  Appetizers of Alligator and Andouille Sausage over Red Beans and Rice.  Crawfish Bisque soup.  Grilled Fruit Salad.  Pecan-Encrusted Catfish with Remoulade Sauce.  Apricot Mimosa Sorbet.  Entree of Stuffed Chicken Breast and Sweet Potato Creme Brulee for dessert.  Yummmm, it was all so good!
This is a picture of the main course, Stuffed Chicken Breast.  I should have taken pictures of each course.  I will remember that next time.  I was 'visiting' and watching my son 'direct traffic' as he put it, with the servers.

The culinary students spent months getting ready for this event.  They all did an excellent job!  The evening and meal was wonderful!  Everyone, including the students. had a Great time!

My son has come so far and done so well!  I could not be prouder of him!  But even more than that, it was great to see him so proud of himself, to see him smiling and having a good time with his culinary classmates!

Thank you for a great evening and meal, son!  I love you! ~ Mom

Bookmark and Share

28 comments:

  1. smiles. so cool. the menu sounds wonderful as well...and i imagine that smile of yours could not get any wider...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Mom and son!!~ Oh we would so love your son in our family!!~ We are the foodies and have food network on most of the time:) Perhaps we may see him some day:)!!~ How cool, the meal looked awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^^^ Ditto everything Brian said!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your proud moment with us,
    you both looked sp happy,It's lovely when our children achieve something and more wonderful that one can share it with the whole world.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww. That last line made me want to cry. How adorable! Love that last picture too. I almost feel as proud as you to read this. If he can hear it, "congratulations" to your son and to the proud mother!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it wonderful when we feel so proud of our kids!! This will be a night you will always remember!! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice, a credit to mom, and thats the kind of guys that appreciate life , proud post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to both of you!! What a wonderful feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That menu sounds ambitious and tasty. I would have loved to sample it myself. Yum!! And your son does look so happy and proud and so do you mom!! Congrats!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  11. You must be so proud! Loved these pictures! Hhe looks like a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you everyone! He is a sweetheart of a young man, that's for sure! Nice to meet the other students and faculty who believe in him and help him to achieve his goals! I did cry last night by the way! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i wept...and i am speechless..so overwhelmed by MOTHER's emotion..take care

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, how wonderful! You two look awesome! He has grown up so much, I can hardly believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so wonderful, and I am sure you are so proud of him...what momma wouldn't be! The food looked out of this world, and a seven course meal...WOW!

    Love the picture of you and him...I know you will treasure that one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. For me, it was when my 9 yr. old son took me to his fav. hamburger joint and bought me lunch. How grown up and proud he was to do that for me. He is 27 now and often cooks dinner for my husband and I. Our sons are our heritage. Like you, I treasure mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's fantastic!!! I've actually tried alligator. The meal sounds wonderful! It must be so great to have your children be at an age where you can finally watch them come into their own!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's so sweet! That dinner sounded a lot better than the rubber chicken dinners I've had!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats!! You look so proud and the food looked great!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Impressive, and it is making me hungry!

    Congrats to your whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! Thanks for sharing such a special moment! You both look like you are shining!!!
    Congratulations and that food looks delicious...wish I could dig right in! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's wonderful, Coreen. You must be very proud! Thanks for your kind comment and visit - have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a neat post! I wish your son the very best in culinary school and as a chief. You have earned the right to be proud! And the meal was fine side benefit, huh? wb

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know that feeling of Proud.. He may have
    a televison show who knows.. I am so happy for you.. yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  25. You forgot to mention how handsome he is!! You have every right to be proud of him and his accomplishments. I am so excited that the dinner was such a success! I can tell he loves his Mom by the smile on his face.

    Blessings sweet blogging friend

    ReplyDelete
  26. Proud as you indeed should be!

    You look so happy together. And the meal looks good enough to keep and eat!

    ~ Rayna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails