Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Half Full Friday & Aloha Friday question of the week!

"Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, love more, and all good things will be yours." ~ Swedish Proverb
Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eye Girl originally started in June 2009.  Now the it is hosted by Sprinkles at Wyldechylde.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us. So by participating, we are deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. We are choosing to concentrate on the positives, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Our Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that. They are a list of the things in our life that have brought us happiness over the past week. We are determined to find the something good in every day. Are you?
"It is not how much you do, but how much Love you put into the doing that matters." ~ Mother Teresa
For the next week, we challenge you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.
"To love is to place our happiness in the happiness of another." ~ G.W. Von Leibnitz
This is what I'm Happy for this week:
  • I'm happy all 3 of my sons were able to come home for Christmas!
  • I'm happy for a 'safe' White & Wonderful Christmas!
  • I'm happy I still have followers. :-) ... after being so busy the past 3 weeks and not being able to visit my blogging friends!  I promise things will get back to normal after 2 of my guest leave on Sunday.  Not that I want them to leave... they just are then. :-)
  • I'm happy for a productive & very nice Christmas vacation.. with company too!!!
  • I'm happy for all the nice Christmas blessings & comments!
  • I'm happy my sons are always good to each other... as well as me!!!  I am so proud of them & love them more than anything!!!

‎"No matter what, no matter where, it's always home, if love is there." ~unknown
It's also "ALOHA FRIDAY" Everyone!!  If you want to join in the fun? Post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the Aloha Friday post at An Island Life. Then you can visit the other participants if you wish...It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends or see what people are thinking about this week and join in a conversation or two if you like.
"Enjoy time with your loved ones, smiling, laughing, and enriching the soul." ~ unknown
My question: What simple things at Christmas time, do you appreciate?

My answer: I appreciate spending time with any or all of my sons. Talking, watching football, playing video games with them and just hanging out. I also like going to the candle light church service with them on Christmas eve.
 
Have a 'Safe' and Happy New Years! 
Love & Hugs!
~ Coreen
Bookmark and Share

23 comments:

  1. Neat post, and good picture with your sons. We got to visit with a bunch of family over Christmas. Wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a very good post. Nice photos.
    Wishing you a very happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SIMPLE is the best word when thinking of Christmas. I love just sitting by a roaring fire, watching my Christmas tree, and working on my laptop from my recliner!!!!! Life is GOOD... ha ha

    Glad all three of your sons got home for Christmas. I'm sure that just "MADE" Christmas for you.... SO NEAT!!!!

    Happy New Year, Coreen.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good picture of you and your sons!! I'm so glad you had such a good Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy for your sons, to be at Christmas. Yes you still have followers, we all get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i appreciate the little traditions that mean nothing to noone but those involved...have a great new years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am happy for a healthy and loving family!!
    The simple things I appreciate at Christmas is when all the family is together opening gifts and sharing what they have received! It is a joyous and exciting time. I love it!!
    Happy New Year dearest one and hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm happy to have met a blog friend like you! The comment you left touched my heart, what a way to end the year :) We truly have a lot to be grateful for this year don't we?!

    BTW, cleaning house yesterday, so I do not start the new year doing it, I found an extra cast iron skillet (LOL), it made me think of you and then I received your comment. One BIG common thread :D

    Happy New Year my friend!
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like you have lots of things to be happy for Coreen ~ good for you! I am happy to have the next 4 days off work and I am happy to be spending time with hubby and son this evening. Homemade pizzas and movies for New Years Eve ~ simple fun!
    Happy New Year!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the post and the photo.
    I wish you and your family all the best for the coming year.

    My son has just passed the first part towards his carer's degree for the autisic in adults.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved just being with my family. It's difficult to arrange with our crazy schedules so it's really special when it happens.

    You don't look old enough to have grown sons!

    I hope you have a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww....you and your boys look so happy. Happy New Year Coreen and family! Debbie XXX000

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am thankful that everyone was home this week and it was a quiet and peaceful week. It is just so much fun to do nothing.

    Happy and Healthy New Years for you and your wonderful youngmen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It has been a sincere pleasure knowing you coreen, and I wish you all the very best in 2011 xxx thank you for all your kind support..

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a handsome family. Yes, we need to remember our blessings.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for always participating in Half Full Friday with me, I so appreciate it. I wish more people would join in but I'm just grateful you always do it with me.

    I'm so happy your sons were able to spend the holidays with you. I'm sure that if you got no other presents, you'd have been just as thrilled!

    Yes, 2011 WILL BE OUR YEAR!!!!!!!!!! I'm convinced of it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Families are a blessing. :) Happy new year, Coreen!

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful picture! you look stunning!!

    May the road rise to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face, the rains fall soft upon your fields and, until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of his hand.

    Irish Blessing

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the simple pleasures of the holidays. I love the music and enjoy going to different churches to watch their programs.I miss having big family celebrations , but have made a different way to celebrate.I made it to midnight last night. I rang in the New Year with some expensive imported drink, Bubble Up. I had not seen it for many years and found some when I was over in Indiana speaking.I enjoy reading your thoughts best, as in today.It was nice to hear a comment from you.Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that Swedish Proverb! I had not seen that one before!

    Happy 2011 to you Coreen! I hope this new year is full of wonderful surprises for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think the amazing thing about Christmas is that it makes us realize how important family is.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Dear,

    Wish you a very very Happy New year. May God fulfil all your dreams. God Bless You

    Love
    Sabi Sunshine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails