Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Friday, January 20, 2012

Half Full & Aloha Friday Question!


"A vision of a desired future allows you to engage and identify immediately in your focus with an improved condition. It changes what you perceive and how you perform - NOW. It’s not about achieving something in time. It’s rather about the quality of choices you are making in this moment – what you choose to perceive, feel, and do.  It’s about getting the most out of your experience."~David Allen
Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eye Girl originally started in June 2009.  Now the it is hosted by Sprinkles at Wyldechylde.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us. So by participating, we are deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. We are choosing to concentrate on the positives, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Our Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that. They are a list of the things in our life that have brought us happiness over the past week. We are determined to find the something good in every day. Are you?
“The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.” ~William James
For the next week, we challenge you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day. 
I'm Happy and Thankful for many things every day... especially this week:
  • For a great 1st full week at my new job!  
  • For embracing changes with enthusiasm! 
  • For getting my homework done! :-) 
  • For positive attitudes and smiles from co-workers! 
  • For another new experience today!
  • For helping with an event on Friday!
  • For exhaustion... it means I worked hard!
  • For my son's additional help around our home! 
  • For getting off early on Fridays because I have plans!!! 
“Optimism is an intellectual choice.” ~Diana Schneider
It's also "ALOHA FRIDAY" Everyone!!  If you want to join in the fun? Post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the Aloha Friday post at An Island Life. Then you can visit the other participants if you wish...It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends or see what people are thinking about this week and join in a conversation or two if you like.
"Courage is the display of a decision to let go of the familiar as you explore the unknown." ~David L. Hanson
 My question:  Are you living you're dreams, or staying in a familiar comfort zone?

My answer: I believe I am; although I admit that many times I stall out or stop moving forward.  Those are the times when I stay far too long in a 'comfort zone' keeping familiar jobs and safe surroundings; until something happens in my life that I don't expect... pushing and moving me forward to my dreams.  
“To the degree we’re not living our dreams, our comfort zone has more control of us than we have over ourselves.” ~Peter McWilliams
Have a wonderful, safe and warm weekend!!
Many Blessings,
~ Coreen XO
Bookmark and Share

11 comments:

  1. Very positive as always.
    I am thankful AT LAST my book"Written From The Heart" has finally reached the US Amazon.com,
    and so very thankful our own blogging friend Alex J. Cavanaugh wrote at the bottom of the blurb.
    Have a good week.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hear it for short Fridays! And I've definitely stepped out of my comfort zone.
    Yvonne's comment is very sweet. I finally got to order the book yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreams of the night have sometimes served as a warning or a wake up call. Daydreams have often been a waste of time when a swift cuff upside the head would have spurred me to action instead of just 'wishing' for something. Setting realistic, worthwhile goals for myself, going out of my comfort zone to pursue them if need be, OR staying in a difficult situation because it is the right thing to do and a potential place of growth for all concerned, are daily decisions that need to be made by each one of us. I want to be fully awake for those! Enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a hard question - I think a lot comes from the opportunity - if you have it - to follow some of your dreams. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had another great week - by the way, how do you find sons who will help around the home, lol.
    Hugs, Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy you had another awesomely happy week! :)

    I'm not living my dreams, but I'm very happy with where I am. :)

    Procrastination Station and Un-Friending Mother Nature

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our dreams are coming, when Hubby retires from the US Navy in 17 months :D Until then, I'm doing the most I can toward that and am content. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great week! I'm so glad you're enjoying your new job. There's nothing worse than starting a new job and hating it right away.

    You had homework? Me too, lol! I'll be working on it over the weekend. Mostly, it's a lot of reading. I have a feeling that this will be a busy semester!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new job! :-)

    As far as my dreams -- no, I'm not living them but they have changed a lot in the last few years and I've become more realistic about them so I'm ok with most of where I am in life. Mostly :-)

    Visiting from Aloha Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to believe that I am living my dreams... I have a beautiful family and a happy life : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'm living my dream since I wouldn't change anything about my life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails