Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Heart to Heart talks...

123greetings.com
Heart to Heart talks are so important!  Yet in this day and age of busy schedules and technology, it seems that it's becoming almost rare.  I personally miss the days when people picked up the phone and actually talked for hours.  Communication allows us to get to know each other better.  Sharing experiences, thoughts and feelings... insights into our worlds, creates understanding and deep connections.   No technology can replace the feelings we each get from real voice or face to face conversations.

Now a days, it's too easy to quickly send an email or text, not giving the other person much more than words and facts.  We forget sometimes how much the tone of a voice or facial expressions convey the feelings, 'heart' and soul of the person speaking those words and telling the details or facts.

I had not talked to my sons recently except for emails and text messages because they have been so busy.  However this week I was able to actually talk to each of them at length on the phone and and we all got the 'feelings' and 'heart' behind the messages.  It was wonderful and even gave us all a sense of relief and understanding.  I miss having them closer and the ability to have these conversations face to face and 'heart to heart'.

There are others on my mind and in my 'heart' that I also miss and need to talk to also.  So I need to find the time and arrange the opportunities for more of those 'heart to heart' talks with them as well soon.  Either in person or on the phone, whatever works out.  It's so important, especially when we remember how short and unpredictable life can be.

I hope we all reach out and connect with someone on our hearts and minds today!
"Deep heart listening and speaking your truth generates an exhilarating "heart talk" frequency. "Heart talk" is care in action and builds friendship. As you learn to see everyone as your friend, and not as an enemy, you release judgments. Just keep your heart open to them as you speak your truth." ~Sara Paddison, Hidden Power of the Heart

2 comments:

  1. Personally I hate the phone, once I get on the dang thing I can't get off. :) It is true though, all the things that make us a bit more human we have suddenly come to the conclusion are not important anymore.

    And reaching out... :D
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! My girls and I are finding too that with email and texts our meaning sometimes get confused. I have a list going of all the people I need to call and I'm slowing going through it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails