Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Random Thoughts... for 2012

"Our life always expresses the results of our prominent thoughts." ~Soren Kierkegaa

This past year has flown by faster than any I can remember.  As a new year it about to begin, I have hundreds of thoughts and memories running through my mind each time I sit to write in my journal or work on my book.  Since I've been too busy to blog much in the past year, I thought I'd add a few of them now.  
  • 2012 started Happy, had highs & lows & ended Great.
  • The trials in between had much needed lessons.
  • Everyone has experienced trauma in their life.
  • We should all have more empathy and compassion.
  • Traumas can transform if allowed to push us forward.
  • I have shared experiences with my best of friends.
  • We must leave our comfort zones in order to grow.
  • That was needed for my new career and direction.
  • We often stay in jobs and situations out of Fear.
  • Have Faith! You don't know, what you don't know.
  • Sleep deprivation is everyone's worst enemy. 
  • Negative environments are not worth the damage.  
  • Unhappy people find fault with each other.
  • Hurting people, hurt others.  Don't let them hurt you.
  • Showing kindness, can stop the negative verbiage
  • Standing up for yourself shows self-respect.
  • Immature people push blame and want revenge.
  • Mature people try to understand why things happen.
  • Respect, the words used and tone of voice do matter.
  • It takes 10 positives to make up for 1 negative.
  • Nikki Haley is my example of strength and leadership.
  • She has character and someone I'd like to emulate.
  • Being strong annoys the people who want control.
  • We're suppose to put our children First!
  • No amount of critisisum over the years helped us.
  • Volunteering and getting involved is so rewarding.
  • I meet the most amazing people when I volunteer.
  • We all need our own friends, interest... Lives.
  • No one should depend on you for their happiness.
  • Anymore than you should depend on someone else.
  • When you're direct and honest; don't ever feel guilty.
  • It's more important what someone does than says.
  • I'm not emotional any longer because I'm not afraid.
  • I'm not afraid of dying or the future; I have Faith.
  • When I see death, I pray for the souls and families.
  • Kindness and Compassion are a Hugh part of my job.  
  • The last job prepared me for my current career/job.
  • Having the passion for it, makes me really good at it.
  • So much accomplished... so much more I want to do!
"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see." ~John Burroughs
 What we overcome... helps us Grow

3 comments:

  1. 2012 was short and yet filled with so much!
    Cheers for the good times
    Happy New Year
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. play bazaarInternational Global Business Leadership Forum 2020 has been announced in Itlay and you can particapte as investor. Register Now at Satta King Make your country wealthy and give the power of Economy and Boost your country. Live Business Leadership forum is ready in 3 March, 2020 Itlay Hotel - Novotel Salerno Est Arechi. Come and Join now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have hundreds of thoughts and memories running through my mind each time I sit to write in my journal or work on my book. Now its time to avail dispatch freightfor more details.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails