Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Friday, April 29, 2011

Half Full & Aloha Friday Question!

"Happiness calls out responsive gladness in others. There is enough sadness in the world without yours ... never doubt the excellence and permanence of what is yet to be. Join the great company of those who make the barren places of life fruitful with kindness." ~Helen Keller
Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eye Girl originally started in June 2009.  Now the it is hosted by Sprinkles at Wyldechylde.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us. So by participating, we are deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. We are choosing to concentrate on the positives, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Our Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that. They are a list of the things in our life that have brought us happiness over the past week. We are determined to find the something good in every day. Are you?
"To get up each morning with the resolve to be happy. . . is to set our own conditions to the events of each day. To do this is to condition circumstances instead of being conditioned by them." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
For the next week, we challenge you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.

I'm Happy and Thankful for many things; especially this week:
  • For the writer Alex J. Cavanaugh featuring my blog on his Tuesday post!  And especially for the Very Nice things he said.  He's a wonderful writer and Person! Visit his blog and read his new book if you get the chance.  It's wonderful!
  • For my oldest son coming home 'safely' from the Dominican Republic!  He had an Amazing time, while Helping people.  So Proud of him and his group! 
  • For the help I got getting some projects done around the house! 
"Caring about others, running the risk of feeling, and leaving an impact on people brings happiness." ~Rabbi Harold Kushner
It's also "ALOHA FRIDAY" Everyone!!  If you want to join in the fun? Post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the Aloha Friday post at An Island Life. Then you can visit the other participants if you wish...It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends or see what people are thinking about this week and join in a conversation or two if you like.
"Plant a seed of friendship; reap a bouquet of happiness." ~Lois L. Kaufman
My question:  How have you 'planted' a seed of friendship before?

My answer:   I reached out and befriended someone who needed a friend.  I especially understood what she was going through with her child with Asperger's... instead of the ridicule and judgements she was getting from those around her.  I understood, because I had been in her situation when my son was younger.   Friends with a common 'bond' or 'understanding' bring much happiness to me. :-)

"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!" ~Amanda Bradley

Have a Wonderful Weekend my Friends!
Hugs and Much Love,
~ Coreen
Bookmark and Share

15 comments:

  1. Ah a question I can honestly answer. Being a collector of lost souls, homeless puppies, and all not understood, I'm always making friends. :)

    Have a great weekend!
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jules thats so interesting to hear, I mean thats how you make friends.

    as for me i do make friends not often times given the kind of work that i have no time for social activities just the one that is available at the office.

    but i still try to talk and make friends with people if ever i can. One thing is sure though, If i have a friend I do really count them as a part of my family something i can be there when i'm needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Friend -

    "To get up each morning with the resolve to be happy . . . is to set our own conditions to the events of each day. To do this is to condition circumstances instead of being conditioned by them." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

    I loved that quote!

    Love your friend Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure I have at one time or another.

    Have a great Friday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/04/should-miss-america-contestants-show-their-birth-certificates/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been trying not to inflict the fear I have on others, my family don't seem to want to know so will try and think as positive as possible to get me through this,
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to feature you, Coreen! And glad your son is coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the feature, and so glad your son made it home safely - and had a good time! ;)

    I've made a lot of accidental friendships - many of which have lasted for years! :)

    Aloha: Pet Food

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your son and the group made it home safe and sound! Life's great memories! As we've moved in all our years we've made lots of friends - just being there for others. Some stay for a season and others a lifetime. Each one God brought into our lives for a mutual purpose which we may not even have known. It's nice to have renewed keeping in touch with some through facebook!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congatulations Coreen!

    I am happy your son came home safe. God really protects people who are stretching their hands to help others. God bless him.

    Being a friend to someone who is in need of one is such a good deed. I commend you for that. For sure you touch her life in ways we never imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Planting the seed of friendship is often very simply meeting the needs of those GOD puts in my/our path. It is a way of life for my husband and I. It is the right thing to do and we want our children to learn to do the right thing even when it's uncomfortable.

    Hugs, blessings, and prayers,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on being featured and such wonderful news that you son had a great adventure in the DR.

    I am not around other people enough to be available to sew seeds of friendship, however this is how I did meet my bestie :)

    Aloha :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Coreen, YES---I think I plant a seed of friendship through blogging. Since relationships is what I want, I strive for a relationship with new blog friends.. Some want the relationship and some don't (which is fine)... BUT--I certainly have met many wonderful friends --like you--through blogging. Thanks be to God.

    Glad your son is home --but I know you are proud of him for his mission.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm....guess I plant seeds by knowing about people who need help, and helping them. Sometimes this has created lifelong friendships. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So true, you never know the kind of freindship you can build just by offering to help someone or talking to strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bet that lady that you befriended really appreciated your friendship so much more because you reached out to her at a time when no one else did.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails