Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Be True to Your Heart... and Follow It

"Follow your heart, but be quiet for a while first. Ask questions, then feel the answer. Learn to trust your heart.” ~ author unknown

TractorsRSeXy7

A few years ago I finally started listening to my heart.  There is wisdom in each of our hearts and the importance of listening to one's heart and accepting the answers is vital to being happy.

Do you wonder about the depth of your heart? Do you let your heart lead the way, or do you usually let your head make the decisions for you? Have you encountered situations whereby your mind told you one thing but your heart said otherwise?

Do you feel happier when you follow your heart? Do you let your heart take you down a path where your mind would be against?

If you are one who wants to follow your heart but are fearful of the risks you'll be taking, I hope this poem and series of heart quotes will shed some light on the wisdom of your heart...  courtesy of thinkexist.com

Be True to Your Heart
And Your Dreams Will Come True

Stay true to all your beliefs and goals.
Stand tall.

Through all life's setbacks and disappointments,
your dreams will come true.

When no one else is with you,
and no one seems to care,
just whisper to yourself,

"I am the controller of my destiny.
It's up to me what comes to pass,
and if I keep my thoughts positive and strong,
my dreams will come true."

When what seem to be impossible obstacles
stand in your way, just think of all the times
you got through yesterday.

There is a place for you in this world.
Stay on your chosen path.

All the power is within you;
be true to what is in your heart.

Be honest within yourself;
if you are, then you cannot fail.
Your dreams will come true.
~ Debra Ruegg-Jenkins ~
"Everyone has been made for some particular work, and the desire for that work has been put in every heart." ~ Mevlana Rumi
"Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower."~ Shigenori Kameoka

"He who cherishes a beautiful vision, a lofty ideal in his heart, will one day realize it." ~ James Allen

"Only do what your heart tells you." ~ Princess Diana

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely." ~ Author Unknown

"My mind tells me to give up, but my heart won't let me."~ Author Unknown

"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~ Paulo Coelho

"The heart has reasons that reason does not understand." ~ Jacques Benigne Bossuel

"The human heart feels things the eyes cannot see, and knows what the mind cannot understand." ~ Robert Valett

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those." ~ Michael Nolan

"Wherever you go, go with all your heart." ~ Confucius
Bookmark and Share

10 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I can't do many of the things that my heart wants me to, because of my health, but that doesn't stop me too much! I tend to live by my emotions and feelings and really need to rein them in with my mind at times, you just can't trust them! But my heart, that's another thing. My heart is always with the girls, Phil, and anyone who is alone or needs help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just like they say -
    let your head bow to your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always been one to follow my heart...most of the time it has worked out...thanks Coreen for always being a kind kindred spirit and friend....you have such uplifting posts, to make us think!!~ I love that. XXX000

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to follow my heart..at GODS lead!
    GREAT POST!
    Hugs,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quotes with the mind, the eyes, the heart and reason. :D The usage of the words made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true Coreen. AND, when I find myself NOT doing what I think I should OR rather KNOW I should...I can be ALMOST sure it is a recipe for DISASTER!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quote an sentiments.;)
    I always follow my heart - it has taken me on incredible paths, not always easy and certainly many painful ones and I sure have gotten lost too, but it has given me travels that carry no regrets.
    The optimal would be to be able to combine the mind and the heart, but I have yet to master this talent.;)
    Have a lovely Sunday dear Coreen,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guilty!

    Many times I listen to my head and not my heart.

    I wish I were strong enough to follow my heart, but duties seem to get in the way. My dreams are just that, dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good thoughts. Love all the quotes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. we all have a passion for listening to our head, often not for the right reasons, superb xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails