Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I hope I give you Strength.....


“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” ~ Lao Tzu

You may not see me now
But you know that I am here.
You can feel me in your heart
As you enter each new day.
I will always be there for you
because I am your friend.
Someone to share the bad times
As well as the good.

I make no judgments by what you say
I just listen with my heart and
Hope to be of help in anyway I can.
For now I hope I give you strength.
I will be there for you,
whenever you need me.
And always please remember
I really am your friend!
~ Coreen


True friendship isn't seen with the eyes, it is felt with the heart.
When there is trust, understanding, loyalty, and sharing.
True friendship is a rare feeling, but when it is found
It has profound impact on our well-being, strength, and character.

True friendship does not need elaborate gifts
Or spectacular events in order to be valuable or valued.
To ensure long-lasting quality and satisfaction,
True friendship only needs a few key ingredients:

Undying loyalty, unmatched understanding, unsurpassed trust,
Deep, soulful connection, and endless sharing.
These ingredients, mixed with personality and a sense of humor,
Can make a friendship last a lifetime!

- Author Unknown

I'll Be Here
I cannot ease your aching heart,
Nor take your pain away;
But let me stay and take your hand
And walk with you today.

I'll listen when you need to talk,
I'll wipe away your tears;
I'll share your worries when they come,
I'll help you face your fears.

I'm here and I will stand by you,
On each hill you have to climb;
So take my hand, let's face the world...
And live just one day at a time.

You're not alone, for I'm still here,
I'll go that extra mile;
And when your grief is easier,
I'll help you learn to smile!

- Author Unknown

Bookmark and Share

19 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first poem was written by you? I actually like it better than the second one, you are quite a poet! A true friend is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! True friends are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all great, Coreen, but my favorite is the FIRST one --which you wrote. That one is marvelous!!!!

    Thanks for your friendship.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel this is the sort of friendship I have with my friend. It's wonderful to have that and I think my soul grew a little.

    These are very beautiful.

    I clicked that link and that is so awesome. God made tickle spot on us for a reason :)

    Hope you are enjoying your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first quote is one of my favorite love quotes.;) Coincidentally I too have a post about friendship today.;)
    Always a pleasure to stop by here dear friend
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen Coreen. These are simply beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful poems! I love yours! Deep and abiding friendships are such a blessing. I have this kind of friendship in my life and it is wonderful. It does give me courage and strength. Thanks for the reminder of how precious a gift I have received.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both poems are so breathtakingly beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your big heart just keeps amazing me! I love both of those quotes and real friends are hard to find. Thanks for the emotion my friend. :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all so beautiful. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Years ago I heard this definition of friendship and it still holds true for me today. “People come into our lives for a season, a reason or a lifetime.”

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your friend reads what you've said out loud here! :) :) (He ought to know much you care! Lucky him!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. so true!!! the poem is beautiful!! the thoughts expressed are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Coreen came back for a re-read. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for sharing!
    i really like the top quote!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awwwww, these were some really great poems!

    Undying loyalty, unmatched understanding, unsurpassed trust,
    Deep, soulful connection, and endless sharing.
    These ingredients, mixed with personality and a sense of humor,
    Can make a friendship last a lifetime!

    That was by far my favorite part of the first poem and it is so very true! Great post! Very heart warming! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails