Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Friday, February 10, 2012

Half Full & Aloha Friday Question!


“To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him. ~Buddha
Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eye Girl originally started in June 2009.  Now the it is hosted by Sprinkles at Wyldechylde.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us. So by participating, we are deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. We are choosing to concentrate on the positives, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Our Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that. They are a list of the things in our life that have brought us happiness over the past week. We are determined to find the something good in every day. Are you?
“The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.” ~Allan K. Chalmers 
For the next week, we challenge you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day. This week I'm especially Happy and Thankful for:
  • a trip being planned! :-)  
  • the support of my sons! 
  • Interesting dreams at night! 
  • amazing people in my life! 
  • my complete Independence!
  • being unique and proud of it!
  • not 'needing' anyone else!
  • making a difference! ;-)
“Think of all the beauty that’s still left in and around you and be happy! ~Anne Frank

It's also "ALOHA FRIDAY" Everyone!!  If you want to join in the fun? Post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the Aloha Friday post at An Island Life. Then you can visit the other participants if you wish...It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends or see what people are thinking about this week and join in a conversation or two if you like.
"Don't give up!  You will succeed and be Happy if that's what you truly want." ~Unknown
My question:  When you feel like giving up; how do you Not?
My answer: I refocus, PRAY and take one day at a time. :-)
“Remember to look up at the stars and not down to your feet.  Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist.  Be curious.  And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.  It matters that you don’t just give up.” ~Professor Stephen Hawking on his 70th birthday.
Have a wonderful weekend!!
Blessings and Hugs,
~ Coreen XO
Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

  1. I definitely pray first then set back and take a closer look at the situation. Then I change my mind set or my direction and charge ahead!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. An inspiring post as always Coreen.

    Have a good week-end.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I just keep plowing forward, something reminds me why I'm doing it and I don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! A trip being planned - that would make me happy, too! :)

    When I feel like giving up, I beat my head against a wall (not literally, but in my mind), then pray. A lot. And take some deep breaths. Step away from the situation for a little bit, then refocus and press on. :)

    Have a great weekend, Coreen! And a Happy Valentine's Day! :)

    Dream Dentist

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to hear more about this trip!

    Thanks for always participating in HFF with me. I always look forward to reading your posts every week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails