Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Friday, February 19, 2010

Love Manual.....please

I've been waiting for the right man to come along for quite a while now. I've grown and figured out who I am. I've rejected the wrong men and learned what the good ones should be like. I've put myself out there trying to find true love and been hurt and even embarrassed a few times. 

However this time, I feel totally different. A calm inside of me from being absolutely certain that he is the 'One' capable of loving me and appreciative of genuine love in return. The one whose own heart, soul, character, and ability to love is a perfect match to my own.

I agree with the understanding that taking your time will season a relationship and make it even better later on. But after a while you start to think 'Life is too Short" to wait too long. So when is the right time and who should make the first move?  An even harder question is who should say the 'love' word first? 

I understand that everyone has other things in their life that occupy their time. Jobs, kids, homes, and other responsibilities and stresses. But you don't want the right one to slip away because they didn't think you were interested. Or to run away if you scare them by being too forward too soon.

I've never had a problem in the last 5 years, just walking away from men, because I knew they weren't the one. But what do you do when you think they are? How much time do you give things to work out?

Can someone please give me a love manual to follow, so I don't make any mistakes?  A love manual for the great relationship I am so longing for and finally believe I deserve....please!

Bookmark and Share

12 comments:

  1. OH how I wish there were such a thing as LOVE manual! It would have saved me from many horribly bloody and embarassing mistakes.

    I still don't have it all figured out. I'm finally married to a great guy and I'm happy - and I still have PLENTY of questions.

    Here's to hoping you find what you're looking for!

    Found you on the Friday Follow.

    http://www.capricornsoapco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A manual would be nice. You could spend 5 years in a relationship with someone, get married and it doesn't work out. You could know someone for a few months get married and love each other forever. I think you need to take the risk sometimes. You can live your life without and never hurt. Is that better then taking the risk?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish there was a manual. For me, I struggled for years and years going through one bad ass man after the other, finally when the last one ended up in jail (no, don't ask) I took a big step back and swore off men. I was only 34 and was DONE!! Three years later, the man of my dreams showed up and swept me off my feet, wonderful guy we dated for years before moving in together, then when I was 44 we got married and had our daughter when I was 45. Believe me, it is NEVER too late!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following from Friday Follower, hope you can come by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the comments and follows! I love making new friends on Follow Fridays! :-)
    Hugs,
    Coreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly, there is no manual, I'm afraid. But I DO know that your man is OUT there, and you will FIND him. I can say this with absolute certainty because it happened to ME, when I was in your shoes not too long ago. Don't give up, it's WORTH THE WAIT!!

    Hi! I'm new to your blog, and I'm so glad I stopped by. Your writing is lovely and thoughtful, I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish there was a love manual or a right or a wrong in the relationship. Who knows who makes the first move or who says I love you first. Do what is right and natural for you in the relationship. Don't think into it too much. Relationships take a lot of work even the really good ones. They are just worth the trouble when the bad ones arent.

    I'm following you from Friday Follow!
    Heather
    http://www.ratherbechangingdiapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wrote a long response, and it would not let me post! When I met my husband 17 years ago, I knew that night he was the one for me....told everyone within days the same!~ Confidence in yourself is the first thing....love should be easy and carefree with no game playing...you just know in your heart, and that is what you should always follow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A manual would be awesome. Hope it works out. Following you from Friday Follow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all so much! And Debbie, that is exactly how I have felt. I will just keep praying and listening to my intuition. As long as I don't feel those 'red flag' anxieties of past relationships, then I'm going to believe that God doesn't want me to give up. :-) Love all my new friends and followers so much!
    Hugs,
    Coreen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! I'm your newest follower. :)
    Girl, I go through the same anxieties all the time, and it's hard to know whether to give up or what!
    I know that the only person that I can really change is myself, so I just try to be the woman that a good husband deserves. I want to better myself, so I'll be a good wife one day. Everything else I guess is up to God. (UGH!!! I'm getting old here and so impatient too.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails