Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Sunday, June 20, 2010

I miss you, Dad!

In loving memory of every cancer patient, family member and friend who has lost the battle with cancer and the ones who continue to conquer it!

My dad passed away on November 10th, 2007, from lung cancer.  He fought it hard and kept saying he was going to 'beat it'.  I was so proud of his determination to fight and for his positive attitude! 

My dad was a very good provider and a good man.  I didn't get to really know him until I was an adult though.   Or at least I didn't get close to him until I was an adult and had children of my own.

I guess you don't realize how hard it is to be a parent and family provider until you experience it yourself.  In my case, I saw things very differently and appreciated my dad even more.   I suppose that is the case in many of our lives. 

I miss my dad terribly and wish I had been in a better place in my own life during the last year of his.  So I could have been stronger for him and seen him more often.  I felt incredibly guilty for a long time after his death.  Mostly because I didn't get to say good bye.

I tried to focus on the fact that my dad knew I loved him.   However some days were easier than other.  I continued to pray and then went through a hypnotherapy session in which I felt I was able to release and forgive myself. 

Under hypnosis, I talked to my dad and he talked to me.  As silly as that may sound to some people.  I told him how I was feeling and that I loved and missed him terribly!  I immediately felt this Hugh release of emotions.

That experience helped me to finally be at peace.  Although I still miss him; I no longer feel guilty because I was able to say good bye.  I believe that hypnosis and hypnotherapy can work for people if they really expect and want it to work. 

If they are open minder, open hearted and Open to receiving help or answers.  If you believe, you can receive anything!  Answers, closure, peace, healing, anything you wish. 

So keep an Open Mind, have an Open Heart and Believe!

Happy Father's Day to my Dad up in heaven!  I love and miss you so very much!
HUGS,
Your Daughter ~ Coreen

25 comments:

  1. Oh what an amazing way to honor your Dad. My friend's Dad when through the same thing 2yrs. ago.. I know she is having a hard day today also. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my dad too..your post made me emotional. Very well written.

    heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing - missing my dad today too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would like to think he is smiling at you now...glad you have good memories to hold onto...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post, it's a beautiful tribute to your father! If he could read this, he would be very proud.

    I'm very lucky to have my father still. I didn't really get to appreciate him until I was an adult and no longer living under his roof. I will be going to his home to visit with him in a little while and spend some time with him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sweet post...it is good to read that you no longer have that feeling of guilt on your shoulders! I know what you mean about wanting to have had more time. I miss my mom so much and it has been since 2004! I wish that I was able to just pick up the phone and hear her voice and talk with her about...any thing and everything! My mom passed away very quickly from a brain aneurysm.

    My husband's mom and uncle passed away from cancer. And our son is a childhood cancer survivor. It seems as if we hear more or maybe are more aware of those that are dealing with this challenge.

    Our family is so thankful that our son is now 5years off treatment and is a very strong -physically and in his Faith-20 year old.
    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big high five to you for being as believing as you are, Coreen! Happy Father's Day to your Dad! Big hug :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that sounds like an AMAZING experience! How wonderful that you were finally able to be at peace with all of this! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing, I don't remember mine I was three when he died,
    My late husband was a wonderful father to our three. he too had lung cancer then it went to his brain, incidentally your father passed away on what would have been my husband's birthday.
    Take care.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe I should consider this because I have never gotten over my fathers death.

    Peace, Love and Chocolate
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a tribute to your Father, great Post
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all so very, very much! I shared what helped me, because I feel I can't help others going through the same things, if I'm not completely Honest.
    It worked for me, and I have had people say that the changes in me or like I have changed my 'DNA' for lack of another term, my friend J, told me this past winter. I loved that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. {{hugs}} I'm glad that you've found peace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful post in honour of a wonderful man. I think the really good fathers all pass on earlier than they should, so they can look over their daughters from that vantage point up above.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Coreen....you are such a beautiful person... it oozes out of your posts... i guess each of us go thru this guilt phase at some point in time.. i have been thru it because i have not been able to give to my father what i dreamt of giving him as a child..i am too wrapped up with my life..wish i could be with him now......

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a great post about your dad but also about attitude and intention. So wonderful to read this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. that was very special, your dad will have loved this, he is watching you, well said xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I can so relate...I've lost both my parents...and you never stop missing them...such a beautiful post!! Thank you...you really touched my heart today! ~Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  20. so beautiful and made me want to cry my eyes out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful tribute! Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so glad you had that experience of getting to talk to your dad. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your dad raised a wonderful daughter with an open heart. Thank God you were willing to be open to letting go of the guilt. Do you know how many people hold on to guilt until it eats them alive?

    ReplyDelete
  24. My father passed away on 06/10/10 at 57 from stomach cancer...his birthday was exactly a week later 06/17/10...then Father's Day on 06/20/10...there is a hole in my chest where my heart used to be & I miss him so very much...thank you for writing such a beautiful message...it gives me hope that someday I will get the chance to say goodbye to him....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails