Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Friday, August 27, 2010

Happy Aloha Friday!

Hello again!  HAPPY FRIDAY, Everyone!!

I came across this Happy Aloha Friday a couple of weeks ago, and since we all know by now that I LOVE Hawaii... I am doing this for awhile while 'Eye Girl' with 'Half Full Friday' is on hiatus for her wedding this month.  As usual I am including my 'HAPPY LIST' later in this post.

If you want to join in the fun? Post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the Aloha Friday post at An Island Life. Then you can visit the other participants if you wish...It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends or see what people are thinking about this week and join in a conversation or two if you like.

My question:  Would you rather be somewhere you Love to live.  Or be somewhere where someone you Love lives?

My answer:   I would be wherever the 'LOVE' is at and make that place Beautiful with Love.  How sappy I am, right?! :-)

My favorite quote of all time:
"It doesn't matter where you go, or what you have.  What matters is Who you have beside you."- Unknown
If you're ever lucky enough to find 'True Love' don't be selfish, self-centered or foolish.  Make the best of the 'surroundings' and 'circumstances'.....  appreciating what is important and what you do have. :-)  Too many times people don't, until it's too late or it's gone.  I saw this a lot when I was a military wife.  Woman focusing on being away from family or being stationed somewhere they didn't like.  Being miserable instead of focusing on the positives and the LOVE they had next to them.  :-) 
 
Now for my regular Half Full Friday followers, here is what I'm Happy for this week:
  • I am very happy my son's second year of College started off Great!
  • I am happy to see all the aviation students back this week!  Great bunch!
  • I am happy I got to see my niece and nephew last weekend!
  • I am happy I got so much done at home and work this week!  Cleaning and organizing!
  • I am happy for the River Float this weekend with my friends!  It will be a lot of fun!
  • I am happy hat I have decided to sell my house myself, now that my contract is up.  I came up with a Great Plan of Action! :-)  Wish me Luck & Prayers are Always appreciated!!! :-)
"The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Love & Hugs Always,
Coreen
Bookmark and Share 

23 comments:

  1. Hey there! Love these happy posts, they make my day brighter. :)

    Congrats on all these great things, and good luck selling your house!! I don't know about where you are, but around here, the housing market is getting better, so hopefully you'll get some decent offers.

    Hope you have a fantastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be what to be whereever the love it at. It wouldnt be enjoying living without love just becuase you want to live in a special area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have lots of things to be happy about Coreen ~ good for you!

    I am happy that as of noon today I am on 3 weeks holidays ~ hooray for me! :)

    Have a Happy Weekend friend!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog!!! Im following you now too!! I would love it if Bry could be in hockey camp with Kodey but they have age groups and he isnt old enough yet. The youngest they go in this camp is 4 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quote at the end! Gotta go out and get happiness, it won't just come to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. somewhere where my loved ones are i could always visit the place I love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the week was good to you. :) I'm just happy I even made it to Friday :D
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, so many things you are happy for, that's great! Good luck in selling your house, I'm sure you'll do great.

    I too would move to a place where my love lived. In fact, that's what I did!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. person beats the place for me any day...
    hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always say I was just damned lucky to find someone who love me back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Since I"m used to being alone, I'd rather somewhere I love to live.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course I always want to live with family close by , but that never seems to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll take someone I love first and foremost. Wherever the hubby goes, I go, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am definitely wishing you luck on selling your house and I will say a prayer right now!!!!
    I will take being wherever with someone I love!
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Of course I would rather be with the one who loves me than be somewhere I love. As the saying goes, "Home is where the heart is". Selling yourself will cut out the realtor's fee, which can be big. Can I ask why you are selling? Are you moving out of town or something? I love the Ben Franklin quote! I believe that happiness is transitory and depends on external circumsatnces. But joy comes from within and can see us through many things. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree totally with your answer and love your favorite quote...

    ReplyDelete
  17. ah superb, good luck with the sale dear and have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I soooo agree with you about being with the one you love. I live in a small town that is filled primarily with military families. I've met sooooooooo many people who put the town down but yet they never take time to see what we have to offer here.

    That River Float sounds fun! We used to have something similar here too but it got cancelled. There used to be a parade on the river which the gov't cancelled. Then they did the parade out on the street but it just wasn't the same. Eventually the event got cancelled because it cost too much to put on each year. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have much to be happy with.

    If you go to my blog there is a little something for you.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would want to be where the love is at...and good luck selling your house. We just bought ours last November and I hope we don't have to go through that whole mess again for a long time...have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You ask tough questions, Coreen. There has been something to love about every place I've lived, even though I know my spirit soars whenever I can see the vastness of creation (as in the west or maybe even in the salt marshes of Eastern NC where I grew up). But because there is something to love about the place, having someone to love makes the place even better. I should try these Friday writing prompts, but since I generally finish my Thursday writing prompt on Friday, I'd confuse everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woah, Coreen! Great work on organizing, cleaning and selling!!!! I am proud of you! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails