Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Divine Intervention... Do you Believe?

"I believe in Divine Intervention. This is something that occurs when we pray for help. I also believe that the Creator sees the workings of our hearts. In this way our good intentions are noticed. It is always the Intention that matters." ~ Alison Stormwolf
Divine Intervention is a term for a miracle caused by God and God's active involvement in the human world.
As described in Wikipedia:  A miracle is an unexpected event attributed to divine intervention. Sometimes an event is also attributed (in part) to a miracle worker, saint, or religious leader. A miracle is sometimes thought of as a perceptible interruption of the laws of nature.
Others suggest that God may work with the laws of nature to perform what people perceive as miracles.  In casual usage, "miracle" may also refer to any unlikely yet "beneficial" occurrence, such as surviving a natural disaster or simply a "wonderful" occurrence or event, regardless of likelihood. Such as the survival of a terminal illness, escaping a life threatening situation, meeting your soul mate or 'overcoming great odds'.  Some people feel these are just coincidences.  I think it's a shame when those people can't believe in something 'higher' than themselves.   Believing in 'miracles' and 'divine intervention' gives us all Hope!
In an article titled Miracles 101 the author has this description: A miracle is the impossible made possible. Experiencing or witnessing a miracle fills people with awe and awakens faith in a Higher Power and the possibility of divine intervention.

Most people believe that God, a Creator or Higher Power, can create these events, occurrences or Miracles without our help.  However sometimes I also believe that we can ask God to create divine intervention in the lives of people we care about.... with Prayer. That is if our intentions are for the well being of others and our motives are not self serving.  I love knowing that we can Help with prayer and by sending possitive thoughts and energies to the situations and the people we care about!

I've seen the Miracle of Prayers work in my own life and in the lives of my children and friends many times.  I believe with all my heart that if we pray out of Love, miracles can happen!  There have been times in my life that that belief and Prayer.. was all I had, but it made all the difference!
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles." ~ Willa Sibert
Below is an a paragraph from an article I found that I really liked and want to share.


"God can help you when you can’t seem to help yourself.  Prayer in the form of expressing your request for help from God produces a different effect from prayer in the form of pure intention. When you make a request to God, you are literally evoking the freewill action of a being other than yourself. You give that being permission to intervene in your reality according to its will and wisdom. You can get results that you could never have obtained with your own reality creation techniques alone. This is Divine Intervention, the highest power in the universe."


Hear what your gut is tell you

Bookmark and Share 

18 comments:

  1. i think miracles do still happen...just not usually the way we want them or that we recognize...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coreen, you are such an old soul my friend. I love your posts, they help pick me up, shed light on what is not real or unimportant. Thank you :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your post Coreen, you are such and inspiration to me and I am sure others, I truly believe in divine intervention, especially after these past few weeks. I will keep praying! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I SO believe in divine intervention and am SO VERY THANKFUL for it. I think it happens MUCH MORE often than we think as we often MISS the miracles God give us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do believe in Divine Intervention! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I TOTALLY believe in Divine Intervention. I honestly believe I'd have lost my house this past year without it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely believe it. I've witnessed miracles in my life and the lives of others. A lot of prayer helps, but I know that God is aware of us and he does intercede on our behalf in large obvious ways sometimes. And in smaller ways on a daily basis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of good information here. There are actually statistics that people who go to church and pray recover better. God is just waiting to hear from his childres...too bad the kids have to want something before they talk to their Father.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great. i believe in Divine Intervention. miracles happen through God. thanks rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! I hope the miracle you are praying for happens. I am pooling in my prayers with yours. :) God bless everyone, whether or not they may feel the need for His blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen so many miracles in the lives of my family and friends - and in mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe in them too. I've experienced so many things in my life that could only be explained as such.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not religous dear but do not disbelieve this theory xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I believe in the power of prayers. This gives hope to the hopeless and we just have to wait for GOD's right time to intervene in our lives. HE NEVER SLEEPS.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've seen them. I've experienced them. I believe! The fact that I'm here is proof! Thank God for His interventions in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not sure if I would define my beliefs the same way but I respect how you've expressed yours. Thanks for your visit to my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't it comforting to know that there is something to be done even when we run out of options.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know in my life, that God has and does answer prayers. I know it is based upon nothing I myself have the power to do, but God invites me to interact with, him, and He responds in ways He alone can!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails