“When you express your gratitude, you will bring joy to others’ lives. When others know joy, your life will be filled with happiness.” ~ Arthur DobrinHalf Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eye Girl originally started in June 2009.We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us. So by participating, we are deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. We are choosing to concentrate on the positives, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Our Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that. They are a list of the things in our life that have brought us happiness over the past week. We are determined to find the something good in every day. Are you?
"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have." ~Frederick KeonigFor the next week, we challenge you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.
This is what I'm Happy for this week: Special Edition, because it was quite a Special week!"Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open." ~John Barrymore
- I was Surprised & Very Happy a Great blogging Friend 'Sprinkles' had me as her 'blog of the week' last week! I teared up of course..... So sweet of her!! She is the person who directed me to these 'Half Full Friday' post and link up. She has taught me so much about blogging and life!! Love her!! Go check her out at Wyldechylde!
- Happy and Honored for a "Blogger of Note" Nomination @ Words of Wisdom!
- I'm very happy and humbled by Vanessa of Optimal Optimist for the WOW nomination!
- I was surprised & happy to see my blog post on Samhein was featured on both Exclusive Drops.com and D Buzz!
- I am happy & honored to receive another blogging award from a great blogger & friend, Yvonne @ Welcome to my World of Poetry! She is the sweetest lady EVER!
- I'm happy that my blogging friends don't get upset with me for not being a good 'award' promoter. I barely have time to visit you all. However, someday I will make tons of money from my future book 'Velvet Over Steel'... so I can write full time & be a better blogging friend, right?! Dreaming and Believing here! :-)
- I'm very happy that Yvonne has decided to publish her second Poetry book! We all can't wait! Her poems are the best & we love her so much here in blogging world! :-)
- I am happy my followers have stuck around during all my 'growth' in both myself and my blog.
- I'm happy my post Living a Lie..., touched so many lives this week. Lots of heartfelt comments and private emails.
- I am happy my son likes his new mentor!
- I happy my son has a Voc worker who believes in him and actually helps him now!
- I'm happy I could be there for a friend. We 'get' each other & we all need that sometimes!
- I'm happy to go to my mother's retirement party on Friday!
"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while on a detour." ~Author UnknownIf you want to join in the fun? Post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the Aloha Friday post at An Island Life. Then you can visit the other participants if you wish...It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends or see what people are thinking about this week and join in a conversation or two if you like.
"Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
My question: What or Who has inspired you?
My answer: I was inspired by a person I met who was passionate about their career. Truly loved their job. Seeing someone with a positive attitude and outlook, inspired me to find my passions in life.
“To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you.” ~Tony DorsettI hope I inspire my followers at least a fraction of how much you ALL inspire me! I love you all!