Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Half Full Friday & Aloha Friday! ~ I'm Back.. :-)

"It doesn't matter how long we may have been stuck in a sense of our limitations. If we go into a darkened room and turn on the light, it doesn't matter if the room has been dark for a day, a week, or ten thousand years - we turn on the light and it is illuminated. Once we control our capacity for love and happiness, the light has been turned on." ~ Sharon Salzberg 
Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eye Girl originally started in June 2009.  Now the it is hosted by Sprinkles at Wyldechylde.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us. So by participating, we are deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. We are choosing to concentrate on the positives, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Our Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that. They are a list of the things in our life that have brought us happiness over the past week. We are determined to find the something good in every day. Are you

"Happiness comes from spiritual wealth, not material wealth... Happiness comes from giving, not getting. If we try hard to bring happiness to others, we cannot stop it from coming to us also. To get joy, we must give it, and to keep joy, we must scatter it." ~ John Templeton
For the next week, we challenge you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.
"Happiness resides not in possessions and not in gold, the feeling of happiness dwells in the soul." ~ Democritus, (460?-370? BC)
This is what I've Very Happy about recently:  I have a few weeks worth!
  • I'm happy that my youngest son has a wonderful 'village' of support at school!
  • I'm happy my youngest son is getting LESS dependant on me!!!  (That is one of the hurdles we're getting over!)
  • I'm happy for the Awesome and Very Amusing Students at work!  One of them makes up Poems about me and promised me a song soon!  Too funny & very sweet!!
  • I'm happy for all the private emails I received as a result of recent blog post!  Everyone needs to feel understood and Not Alone!!  This is why I write!!
  • I'm happy my youngest son got his Internship & can now graduate in July!!!!  WoooHoooo!!
"The ultimate end of education is happiness or a good human life, a life enriched by the possession of every kind of good, by the enjoyment of every type of satisfaction." - Mortimer Adler

It's also "ALOHA FRIDAY" Everyone!!  If you want to join in the fun? Post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the Aloha Friday post at An Island Life. Then you can visit the other participants if you wish...It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends or see what people are thinking about this week and join in a conversation or two if you like.
"Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times." ~ Anon
My question:  Which activities make you lose track of time?

My answer:   Blogging for one!  Another one may make you all laugh, but it's Cleaning!!  Seriously!!  Whenever I think a Friday afternoon at work is going way to slow, because all my work is done and almost everyone has already left for the day.... I start cleaning.  Then the time flies by!  At least for me!  The same thing when I get started on a 'organizing' project at home.  I love the feeling after I've cleaned things out! :-)
"That is happiness; to be dissolved into something completely great." ~ Willa Cather
Have a wonderful weekend! 
Love & Hugs!
~ Coreen
Bookmark and Share

23 comments:

  1. reading, writing, hiking...

    and we are not alone and that is important to know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The computer makes me lose all track of time! That can be a good or a bad thing, depending on how you look at it!! BUT it makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh photography and blogging for sure. Time just flies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Friday posts, they are full of sunshine, just like you.;))
    I agree with you: blogging makes time disappear with light speed. I also like to make collages for my blog, that is at this point my greatest hobby.;) Recently, time flies when I am in a company of a special man, he has made the last two months fly by unusually fast.;)
    Happy Friday to you dear Coreen,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogging...cleaning and reading!! Time just disappears!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coreen thank you for the post here, and your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely post Coreen, enjoyed the read.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your friday posts fill me up with happiness, always!!! beautiful!! loved every bit of it ..especially the list of your happiness my friend..it makes me smile....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your happy list always brings a smile to my face! :)

    Blogging (or any computer-related activity) and reading definitely make me lose track of time. :)

    Aloha: Super Bowl Plans

    ReplyDelete
  10. Watching TV, blogging, internet anything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two things for me make me lose track of time.. One is blogging of course, but another one is working on Family History.. That is very tedious and time-consuming --but I love it. Of course, I love blogging too --but need to cut back some and get more of a balance in my life.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. You will have to check out my post today. Answer to question: blogging for sure, cleaning. Now that can take me days :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aloha! Reading, card making, painting, baking & sometimes even cleaning will make me totally loose my head.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely blogging, reading and those darned Facebook games!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blogging, cow tipping and ant counting but not all in that order.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I lose track of time when I am reading books! I always stay up way too late reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the quote by Sharon Salzberg! thanks for sharing.
    I am happy for your happy list, especially for your youngest son, who must be so special for all the attention he is getting.
    AS for your AF question, - well, blogging for one. While watching my first son's favorite movies, I always lose track of time. But cleaning, when I procrastinate on it, I lose time, otherwise, I don't lose track of time on it since I would want it done as soon as possible. So I am always watching the time, when I am cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore cleaning, too. It energizes me and makes my heart sing! :) Yay for your youngest graduating and for your special person, too. I love that the Light is on. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh blogging it is. and email oh email is drowning me!

    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another lovely post. I love those quotes.

    And I'm glad you have so much being thankful for.

    Also congratulations to your son on his internship! That is wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Reading, knitting, and blogging usually make time fly by without realizing it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. reading and playing ganmes on my DS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails