"It doesn't matter how long we may have been stuck in a sense of our limitations. If we go into a darkened room and turn on the light, it doesn't matter if the room has been dark for a day, a week, or ten thousand years - we turn on the light and it is illuminated. Once we control our capacity for love and happiness, the light has been turned on." ~ Sharon Salzberg
"Happiness comes from spiritual wealth, not material wealth... Happiness comes from giving, not getting. If we try hard to bring happiness to others, we cannot stop it from coming to us also. To get joy, we must give it, and to keep joy, we must scatter it." ~ John TempletonFor the next week, we challenge you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.
This is what I've Very Happy about recently: I have a few weeks worth!"Happiness resides not in possessions and not in gold, the feeling of happiness dwells in the soul." ~ Democritus, (460?-370? BC)
- I'm happy that my youngest son has a wonderful 'village' of support at school!
- I'm happy my youngest son is getting LESS dependant on me!!! (That is one of the hurdles we're getting over!)
- I'm happy for the Awesome and Very Amusing Students at work! One of them makes up Poems about me and promised me a song soon! Too funny & very sweet!!
- I'm happy for all the private emails I received as a result of recent blog post! Everyone needs to feel understood and Not Alone!! This is why I write!!
- I'm happy my youngest son got his Internship & can now graduate in July!!!! WoooHoooo!!
"The ultimate end of education is happiness or a good human life, a life enriched by the possession of every kind of good, by the enjoyment of every type of satisfaction." - Mortimer AdlerAn Island Life. Then you can visit the other participants if you wish...It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends or see what people are thinking about this week and join in a conversation or two if you like.
"Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times." ~ AnonMy question: Which activities make you lose track of time?
My answer: Blogging for one! Another one may make you all laugh, but it's Cleaning!! Seriously!! Whenever I think a Friday afternoon at work is going way to slow, because all my work is done and almost everyone has already left for the day.... I start cleaning. Then the time flies by! At least for me! The same thing when I get started on a 'organizing' project at home. I love the feeling after I've cleaned things out! :-)
"That is happiness; to be dissolved into something completely great." ~ Willa CatherHave a wonderful weekend!
Love & Hugs!