Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Every Monday Matters - Show Your Smile

   
Every Monday Matters.com
"Everyone smiles in the same language." ~Author Unknown

FACTS

A smile is a universal expression of happiness and recognized as such by all cultures.

A smiling person is judged to be more pleasant, attractive, sincere, sociable, and competent. Smiling is contagious.

Happy people generally don’t get sick as often as people who are unhappy.

Smiling or even seeing somebody smile releases endorphins that work in the brain to give an overall feeling of well-being.

People are born with the ability to smile. Even babies born blind smile.

Adults laugh approximately 15 times per day, while children laugh about 400 times a day.

It takes only 17 muscles to smile, compared to 43 muscles to frown.

Women smile more than men.
"A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks." ~Charles Gordy
TAKE ACTION TODAY
Smile at EVERYONE you see today.

Keep track of how many times you smile and laugh today.

If you are having trouble smiling, here are a few suggestions to help:

Make faces at yourself in the mirror.

Shake your body like it’s laughing from inside.

Jump on the bed.

Hug someone you love.

Visit a pet store.

At the end of your day of smiling, notice how you feel and whether people acted differently around you.

"Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day." ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

YOU MATTER
Happiness leads to smiling, and smiling leads to happiness. Happiness is your natural immunity, having a profound, positive effect on your health and well-being. If you are happy, smile. If you aren’t happy, smile anyway. It will help you get there.
"The world always looks brighter from behind a smile." ~Author Unknown
Monday used to be the least favorite day of the week, but that is changing. EMM is based on the idea that every Monday people can make a difference in their life and the lives of those around them. No matter how big or small the actions, they matter. And not only do people have the power to make change, they have a social responsibility to do so. Not out of guilt, but out of an appreciation for every living thing in the world. Together, each person can make a difference in the world and raise the collective consciousness, thereby creating a legacy worth participating in…one Monday at a time.
For more information about the EMM movement visit: http://www.everymondaymatters.com/
"Always remember to be happy because you never know who's falling in love with your smile." ~Author Unknown

Bookmark and Share

15 comments:

  1. this is such a very uplifting post. i found myself smiling while reading it. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A smile is very contagious! I love this post, made me smile. Have a great evening Coreen and a wonderful Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is so true! A smile just spreads, it is the easiest thing to give someone, and affects everyone around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great and positive post! Yes, your are so right, smiling and laughing can go a really long way for the person doing it as well as the person recieving it! Nice post! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have such positive uplifting posts. I have been told that I alway smile, I can not help it.;) Once an old boyfriend accused me of being too flirtatious as he thought I flirted with everyone - but that was not true, I just smiled!;)
    You are right, smile is contagious and just to smile, for no reason at all, will make us happy.;)
    Have a wonderful Monday full of smiles,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this post! Good stuff!
    And so I shall try to smile as much as I can today! :) x3 (That's a big smile for you Coreen!)
    Happy Monday!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am smiling right now!! It is contagious!!
    Thanks
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Monday posts!!! They always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it. Doesn't a great smile just warm your world???

    I think I fall into that 400 laughs a day category...call me Peter Pan...I'll never grow up! :o)

    I just returned from a week in Brownsville, TX where I was with my family for my Dad's memorial service. It's great to be home!!!

    God bless ya and have a marvelous day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful post, Coreen.... I love to smile --and do it ALOT. However, when I'm in a store somewhere (like Krogers or Walmart), if I smile at someone --sometimes they look at me like I'm nuts... Ever had that experience????? BUT--I usually just smile and speak anyhow!!!!!

    One day there was a gruff man in the isle at Krogers.. He was trying to get around all of the people in the isles. I looked straight at him, smiled and sad, "And how are you on this beautiful day?" I thought he was going to stick daggers into me!!!! ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never really thought about it but I didn't realize that babies born blind smile. It makes sense though - that's what people do when they're happy!

    I've always hated it like when I'm grocery shopping or something and some stranger will walk up to me and go, "Smile, things aren't that bad!" That used to happen a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried posting a comment yesterday but to no avail. Let’s see if I have better luck today.
    -
    “They say the eyes are the windows to the soul, but it takes a smile to open those windows.”
    -
    Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. a smile says more than a word xxx great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can I just tell you, you made me smile today? Well you did.....XXX000

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails