"There are three things that a child can teach an adult: To be happy for no reason; to be always busy doing something; And to know how to demand - with all one's might - what one wants." - Paulo Coelho
Laughter, joy and happiness is healthy for you. They say laughter is the best medicine. It can cure illness and extends life. A good laugh boosts the immune system, relieves depression and stress, relaxes all the body's muscles, is good exercise for the heart and helps prevent heart attacks, it cleanses the lungs, and provides an overall sense of well being.
We don't need to wait for someone else to bring us happiness - happiness is a choice we can make at any time we want. You can choose to look on the good side of things and take life more lightly, or you can choose to think gloomy and sad. It's up to you. Life is the movie you see through your own eyes - it's up to you how you take it.
For the next week, we challenge you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day. This is what I'm Happy for this week:Let there be
more joy and laughter
in your living.
~ Eileen Caddy ~
- I'm happy for being alive! Yes, alive. I had a total of 5 (small, yet scary just the same) gas leaks on my New furnace last weekend... with 2 of my sons home sleeping. So glad I came back home after running local errands (instead of driving to the 'city' for groceries) Saturday morning. This was the 3rd time since my furnace was put in. Thank goodness I am extremely sensitive to smells.
- I'm happy that my son had a good first week back at college!
- I'm happy the baby shower we gave a co-worker went very well! She's having a boy. Very excited & Happy for her.
- I'm happy for the positive energy I have and used to get a great deal done in the last week!
- I'm happy I'm close to having my entire basement cleaned out! Goodwill 'loves' me! lol
- I'm happy my oldest son is coming home again this week to spend time with his brother!
- I also want to say Thank you to Jules, for the frying pan picture!! Loved it!! :-)
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." ~H. Jackson Browne
My question: What is something a child/children have taught you?
It's also "ALOHA FRIDAY" Everyone!! If you want to join in the fun? Post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the Aloha Friday post at An Island Life. Then you can visit the other participants if you wish...It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends or see what people are thinking about this week and join in a conversation or two if you like."You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance." ~Franklin P. Jones
My answer: Most Adults are filled with fear of the unknown in each day... instead of anticipation and excitement that children have. We are not born with 'fear'. We are born Happy and wanting to try new things without fear holding us back! You can see that with Children. They don't have fear... they are Happy until they are filled with fear. By the time we are Adults, we have... sadly, turned that all around.
"You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing. What?! Is it nothing to be happy? Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long? Never in his life will he be so busy again." ~Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Emile, 1762Love & Hugs!