Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Friday, October 7, 2011

Half Full & Aloha Friday Question

"Happiness is the only good.  The time to be happy is now.  The place to be happy is here.  The way to be happy is to make others so." ~Rober G. Ingersoll
Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eye Girl originally started in June 2009.  Now the it is hosted by Sprinkles at Wyldechylde.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us. So by participating, we are deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. We are choosing to concentrate on the positives, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Our Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that. They are a list of the things in our life that have brought us happiness over the past week. We are determined to find the something good in every day. Are you?
"Success is not the key to happiness.  Happiness is the key to success.  If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." ~Herman Cain
For the next week, we challenge you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day. 
I'm Happy and Thankful for many things every day... especially this week:
  • For having another productive week!  
  • For more Great career ideas and leads!  
  • For more LinkedIn connections. 
  • For the support of many friends.  
  • For a track to walk on 'with lots of deer'! 
  • For a beautiful week and walking weather!
  • For my son re-designing my resume. It's awesome!
  • For lots of Hope for better things to come. :-)
 "Home is where the heart is but happiness is where your friends are.~Unknown
It's also "ALOHA FRIDAY" Everyone!!  If you want to join in the fun? Post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the Aloha Friday post at An Island Life. Then you can visit the other participants if you wish...It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends or see what people are thinking about this week and join in a conversation or two if you like.
"Wherever you are - know I really care.  Wherever you've been - know I've been there too.  Whenever you need to talk to someone, I'll listen.  Whenever you need a friend, I'll be there." ~Unknown 
My question:  What has a friend(s) done for you... when you really needed some help?

My answer:  I was in a dangerous situation once and 2 friends showed up to get me out of there, no hesitation. Their help was priceless and probably life saving. I'm still very thankful to both of them.
"Friendships are what our dreams are made of.  We hold onto each other with it's binding love.  We stand close to each other, hand in hand, showing each other we understand.  Some friends may come and go, but some are the truest friends I know.~Unknown
Have a blessed weekend!!
Hugs and Blessings,
~ Coreen XO
Bookmark and Share

9 comments:

  1. It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada Coreen ~ always a good time to be thankful. I am thankful that we have had wonderful weather up until now. And I am thankful for blog friends like you!

    Happy Weekend!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my friends let me stay with them when I moved back home until I found a new house.
    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been an awesome week! I get so much out of the support group posts on Wednesday. And my friends are really coming through for me today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The friend listened. Sometimes that's what you need. Someone to listen in an understanding way without taking sides.

    So glad you have wonderful friends like that.

    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Listening and understanding is vice versa.. both side should have that capability. Love it Correen...

    Love
    Sabi Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing lately. hhmmm.....


    Have a great Friday.
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/10/the-winter-forecast/

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great week for career is a neat week. Son helping is a plus...I cannot think of what a friend has done except listen to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry I didn't participate this week. I feel bad because I know you always play along.

    Next week, for sure!

    That's great your son redesigned your resume! Also great that you have such good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A friend of mine went out of her way to deliver food for my family when I wasn't feeling well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails