Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Half Full & Aloha Friday!!!

"Whoever is happy will make others happy too." ~ Anne Frank
Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eye Girl originally started in June 2009.  Now the it is hosted by Sprinkles at Wyldechylde.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us. So by participating, we are deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. We are choosing to concentrate on the positives, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Our Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that. They are a list of the things in our life that have brought us happiness over the past week. We are determined to find the something good in every day. Are you?
"It is never too late - never too late to start over, never too late to be happy." ~ Jane Fonda
For the next week, we challenge you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day. 
I'm Happy and Thankful for many things every day... especially this week:
  • For my son's job!!  He's confident, working hard and happy!!  
  • For 3 Great jobs to apply for this week!  
  • For 2 interesting interviews and possibilities.
  • For 1000+ LinkedIn connections now!
  • For several leading to career opportunities!  
  • For attending an exciting event today! 
  • For the walking I got in before my feet swelled up! Ouch!!
  • For getting ex-rays and a referral too an orthopedic doctor. 
  • For having at least 2 part-time jobs later on. 
  • For positive energy, confidence and staying optimistic!! :-)
 "Some pursue happiness, others create it." ~ Anonymous
It's also "ALOHA FRIDAY" Everyone!!  If you want to join in the fun? Post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the Aloha Friday post at An Island Life. Then you can visit the other participants if you wish...It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends or see what people are thinking about this week and join in a conversation or two if you like.
"The moments of happiness we enjoy can take us by surprise.  It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us." ~ Ashley Montagu
My question:  When you see someone who is sad, how do you cheer then up?

My answer:  It depends who it is.  My son, I get him out of the house to go do something he enjoys. If it's a student or someone I don't know well, I at least smile and give them some empathy and words of encouragement.
"Too often we under estimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." ~ Leo Buscaglia
Have a beautiful and wonderful weekend everyone!!
Hugs and Many Blessings,
~ Coreen XO
Bookmark and Share

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful week for you! I am a big spaz, when someone around me is down, I will do absolutely anything to make them laugh, even risk bodily injury. Laughter soothes the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) loved the fact that the list has grown :) take care and may you be blessed with a desirable job very soon ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good attitude does make great happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leo's words certainly ring true! Love Aloha Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thankful my book trailer was cool! And for all the participants in the blogfest today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothings beats Optimisms Coreen. I am as much happy as the others for the positive things that are coming your way.

    Have a great weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm stopping by because I miss you my friend! So very glad to see the possibility of future work for you.

    Sorry I'm so sporadic, trying to claim a bit of life for myself these days and thus I unplug quite often, hope you understand. :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing everything you are thankful for! Awesome! My answer to your question is going to be somewhat different than most. Depending on who it is, when someone is sad I enter into their sadness with a listening ear and reflect their mood with empathy. I'm not uncomfortable with their sadness. I don't want to cheer them up before they are ready. Often they need time to truly feel the emotion and let it move through their system before they want to let the sadness go and be cheerful again. A lot more could be said, but I'll leave it at that. --- To me there is a huge difference though between someone who is truly sad and someone who schedules daily/weekly pity parties and always seeks others to pull them out of their self-induced funk.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails