Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Friday, October 28, 2011

Half Full and Aloha Friday!!

"When you have come to the edge of all the light you have... And step into the darkness of the unknown; Believe that one of the two will happen to you; Either you'll find something solid to stand on Or you'll be taught how to fly." ~Richard Bachi
Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eye Girl originally started in June 2009.  Now the it is hosted by Sprinkles at Wyldechylde.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us. So by participating, we are deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. We are choosing to concentrate on the positives, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Our Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that. They are a list of the things in our life that have brought us happiness over the past week. We are determined to find the something good in every day. Are you?
"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow." ~Anonymous
For the next week, we challenge you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day. 
I'm Happy and Thankful for many things every day... especially this week:
  • For my current job being extended!  
  • For insurance!!
  • For getting all my test done this week. 
  • For wonderful doctors, nurses and clinics.
  • For the support of my friends and co-workers!
  • For 2 more phone interviews and leads!  
  • For getting 2 surgeries done at once next week! 
  • For my son loving his new job and doing Great!!
  • And again for positive energy, confidence and staying optimistic!! :-)
"It is through adversity that we become stronger, find new ways to achieve, and come to know that through perseverance in the face of challenge, we can accomplish anything." ~Anonymous
It's also "ALOHA FRIDAY" Everyone!!  If you want to join in the fun? Post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the Aloha Friday post at An Island Life. Then you can visit the other participants if you wish...It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends or see what people are thinking about this week and join in a conversation or two if you like.
"Take a deep breath. It calms the mind." ~Anonymous
My question:  When you feel overwhelmed by life, how do you calm down?

My answer:  I pay attention and focus on my breathing.  It takes your mind off of the stress and helps you calm down quickly.  
"Do not fear the winds of adversity.  Remember: A kite rises against the wind rather than with it." ~Anonymous
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!
Hugs and Many Blessings,
~ Coreen XO
Bookmark and Share

16 comments:

  1. Playing my guitar calms me.
    And I'm grateful I discovered my book is a top ten at Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list of things you are thankful for! Yes, adversity is a great teacher! Overwhelmed right now with a lot of hubby's and my health issues and our move on Tuesday, but living one day at a time with the Lord's help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I think your positive attitude is what leads to such a great list.

    When life overwhelms me and it has quite often lately, I laugh. I just know they are going to lock me up any day now. :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I can, I go for a walk. Nothing calms me more than a walk on the boardwalk across the street from our home. The smells of the ocean and beach can calm me like nothing else (except maybe a hug from my 5 year old)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Find a quiet place, pray, then a hot bath and read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your list of happy/thankful! :) Sounds like a great week! :)

    When I get overwhelmed, I either get lost in a chapter (or three) of a good book, or play a mindless/fun video game for a half hour. :)

    Halloween - Then and Now

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crying calms me.
    Or if I want another direction, I will listen to music.

    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sooo agree that our happiness is found in our attitude!

    Great post sweetie!

    I didn't know if ya saw the update I posted on Angel last week. I'll be right under my current post. 'Thought ya might want to see it.

    God bless ya my friend and have a fantastic weekend!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops...the question.

    I work in my yard and gardens. 'Seems it draws me closer to God. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I try to find some quiet time and just take a breath. That usually helps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with your surgeries. Hope all goes well. You're lucky your job is allowing you the time off for them since they'll be laying you off soon.

    And good luck looking for another job. I know how difficult it can be but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coreen, thank you for sharing. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this was an excellent write dear, many things calm me, but writing is the one that does it for me xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spending time with animals calms me & in fact has been scientifically proven to calm people. They found that stroking an animal can lower blood pressure.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails