Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wishing they were by your side...

"It's crazy how you can go months or even years without talking to someone but they still cross your mind everyday." ~Unknown

Have you every met someone that you instantly were drawn too?  Connecting in such a unique way that you feel like you've known each other before... in a distant past that you've long forgotten when that was.  Yet you still know that on some level you have.  I certainly have at least once.

As incredibly busy as this entire year has been, I still think about them every day.  In a happy yet kind of sad way too... because I'm wondering how they are, where they are and what they're doing... and I miss them.

It's not that I'm unhappy in my own life; because I'm actually happier than I've ever been.  Strong, confident, social, and busy working on my dreams and life... even driven at times to the point of exhaustion.  Yet... there's something still missing.

At the end of each busy day, I finally take a moment or two to reflect on the day, before planning for the next and getting some needed rest.   It is at that time I can hear my intuition loud and clear telling me what I'm still missing in my life, along with that long list of reasons why they are so special.

Then once again, I feel a tug at my heart where that empty space is and know exactly why it's there... because I'm missing someone and wishing at that moment they were by my side.


7 comments:

  1. I too have that "I'm missing" in my heart as well. I am not gnashing my teeth or anything that extreme. Just a gentle nudge!
    Have a great week'
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty familiar with the feeling Coreen. Day by day I always have people in mind, no matter what I do, either busy or not. Those are people who are dear to my heart but never seen them in a long time.

    I know someday our paths will cross again. Till then, I wish them safe.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully said and so very true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly why I'm here. You really need to get another dog, one of your own. :)

    And missing someone is also telling you your heart is full and people have passed this way.
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing how some people affect us in such a powerful way that they always remain with us and we feel their presence and influence. Missing them too - and sometimes that ache brings tears!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a friend that was killed a few years ago and he crosses my mind now and then. Like you said, just one of those people with whom you really connect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just yesterday, I was missing Lesley. She died a year ago August. I just suddenly was talking with her like she was sitting next to me in the car. People we have loved are always with us. I truly believe that.
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails