Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Friday, December 30, 2011

Half Full & Aloha Friday Question!

New day, fresh start! That's the best thing about being blessed to wake up! Claiming a day of joy, love and happiness! Dreams on my mind. ~Unknown 
Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eye Girl originally started in June 2009.  Now the it is hosted by Sprinkles at Wyldechylde.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us. So by participating, we are deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. We are choosing to concentrate on the positives, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Our Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that. They are a list of the things in our life that have brought us happiness over the past week. We are determined to find the something good in every day. Are you?
Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown
For the next week, we challenge you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day. 
I'm Happy and Thankful for many things every day... especially this week:
  • For Wonderful Christmas in Chicago!  
  • For our holiday adventures while there! 
  • For my friend who took care of our pets! 
  • For good weather and a safe trip! 
  • For plans to go back this spring!
  • For plans to visit Houston next year!
  • For everything falling into place!
  • For a new job & fresh start soon! 
  • For Fun New Years Eve plans!
"Positive thinking evokes more energy, more initiative and more happiness." ~Unknown
It's also "ALOHA FRIDAY" Everyone!!  If you want to join in the fun? Post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the Aloha Friday post at An Island Life. Then you can visit the other participants if you wish...It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends or see what people are thinking about this week and join in a conversation or two if you like.
When there are difficulties and you feel down, this is the time to visualize, think and expect the positive. ” ~Unknown
My question:  What do you do when you feel down or even negative?
"Repeating inspiring quotes during the day, helps to better cope with every situation that arises." ~Unknown
My answer: It's not that often, but when I do, I re-read my favorite quotes and poems.  Visualizing all the plans I have for my life and those that I love.  I immediately feel better, happy, back to smiling, and the positive side of life again!    
Affirm the positive, visualize the positive and expect the positive, and your life will change accordingly." ~Unknown
Have a Safe and Happy New Years Eve!!
Warm Hugs and Many New Blessings,
~ Coreen XO
Bookmark and Share

16 comments:

  1. I'll use music to lift my spirits, although it's usually a kind word from a friend that does it.
    Happy New Year, Coreen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what a list. I'm with Alex, music! At a volume not safe for humans or pets. :)

    A very HAPPY New Year my friend!!!
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to enlighten my life by thanking all around for helping me.Working with the less fortunate allows me to look at life through a different perspective and remain very positive.I have a good support group of friends, some I have never actually met.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a great list! When I'm down, I read books or I draw.

    Happy New Year 2012 Coreen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice bubble bath or reading something funny on the web always cheers me up. My husband likes to play videos of cute kittens on youtube to put me in a good mood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chocolate or shopping- which ever is less detrimental at the moment :)


    Have a happy new year!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/12/how-has-your-weather-been/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think happy thoughts and do something that I enjoy. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you had such an excellent week in Chicago! And I'm also glad you found a new job in a different dept! I just applied for a different job today. Keeping my fingers crossed that I get it because it's more in line with my major than what I do now.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for an awesome happy week! :)

    Music is definitely at the top of my list for uplifting moments when I'm feeling down - or a good book with a glass of wine in a bubble bath! :)

    Have a Happy New Year! :)


    Toasting the New Year...or Making Toast

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bake or do another craft, it lifts my spirits pretty quick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I first reach for my music to lift me out.
    Sometimes it's talking to my bestie and forgetting my troubles.

    Or having to focus on my children..anything but me.

    And especially if the music is inspirational from K-love radio and it reminds me that God made me for his special purpose and that yes, it's hard now in spirit or physical timing, but it will pass.
    It always passes, but while going through it, it's like the snail getting across the Jordan :)

    Enjoy the rest of the year my friend.
    *HUG*
    So glad you had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Believe it or not, I always feel better when I go to work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I watch The Money Pit and it makes me laugh so hard I forget my worries.

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I feel down or negative, I try to look at it with positive eyes! It is all on how you perceive it!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  15. То, что вы опубликовали, потрясающее. Я нашел эту статью очень полезной. Если вы не знаете, включена камера вашего компьютера или нет, вы можете перейти к этой статье и узнать. Надеюсь, вы найдете эту статью онлайн-тест веб-камеры полезно, и вы сможете решить проблему с веб-камерой.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates.

    myob assignment help|
    childcare assignment help|
    english assignment help|
    electronics assignment help|

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails