Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Friday, July 9, 2010

Half Full Friday! July 9th

Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eye Girl originally started in June 2009.

We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us. So by participating, we are deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. We are choosing to concentrate on the positives, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Our Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that. They are a list of the things in our life that have brought us happiness over the past week.

"Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day." ~ Author Unknown

We are determined to find the something good in every day.  Are you?

For the next week, we challenge you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day. On Friday, write your own Half Full Friday post and return to Life As Eye See It to link your post and to see what other bloggers found happiness in during the past week.

Don't forget to grab a Half Full Friday Banner or Button for your blog post if you are going to join in:

This is my fifth time joining Half Full Friday and here is what I'm Happy for this week:
  • I am happy for my son who is going to Huston for 5 months!  Very excited for him!
  • I am happy that I get to take another 2-day training next week!  I love these!
  • I am happy that I got to hang out with my nephew last weekend and play games!
  • I am happy and proud of my son who is making appointments and plans for his future!
  • I am happy that it's beautiful outside this week for lots of walking with 'Pickles'! :-)

This is Miss Pickles!  A sweet chocolate lab from Louisiana. I have 'custody' of her while my oldest son is in Grad school.

"Happiness is a conscious choice, not an automatic response." - Mildred Barthel

Have a Wonderful weekend, Everyone!
Love & Hugs Always to my Friends,
Coreen
Bookmark and Share 

7 comments:

  1. I am happy for the time I have to myself so I may read postive and uplifting blogs like yours. Happiness is contagious beware, you may be a carrier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most enjoyable to read yes, happiness as always commented is contagious, people will remember you for being happy, how long do they remember a miserable person?

    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pickles is adorable! It's going to be hard to give her back when the time comes.

    Glad to see you're still participating! I don't know if Eyegirl is hosting this week or not but I still posted mine just because it's nice to have it in writing so that when I'm down, I can come back and see my life isn't always as bad as it feels right then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just plum happy it is nice and sunny and not snowing!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy for air conditioning!
    I am happy to be able to stay at home with my kids during the summer!
    I'm happy to be able to exercize with my husband in the evenings and that I don't have to nag him to make healthy choices!

    Cute cute dog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am happy that i can see and read this blog. have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. brilliant we always get more and more each week :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails