Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Taking RISK: If you had no Fear?

"What you are afraid to do is a clear indicator of the next thing you need to do." – Anonymous
In '8 to Great', motivational speaker for positive change MK Mueller write this to describe Highway 2: RISK

Once your dream starts to take shape, your next step will be to take a risk to follow it. Cowards have the same amount of fear as heroes, but while cowards use their fear as an excuse to stay stuck, heroes feel the fear and do it anyway. Whether it’s the risk of telling the truth or pursuing a dream, the bigger the risk, the bigger the reward. Risking is letting go of security as the world defines it for a larger safety net—being true to yourself. Risk is never running from (our fears)—it’s always running to (our dreams), so ask yourself, “If I had no fear, what would I do?” ~ MK Mueller

The first time I attended this training, I took a Big Risk to overcame my fear of public speaking.  I did and continue to take new Risk each and every day. If I had no fear and took another Hugh Risk; I would start my own business for sure and maybe even move to Chicago! 

How about you?  If you had no fear, what would you do?
Bookmark and Share 

16 comments:

  1. great post...life is about risk...with a little wisdom mixed in as well...

    risk...get serious and get this book knocked out...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's so much I would do if I had no fear. My life would be so very different. I'm not sure what would be on my To Do list though. Something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspirational; true heroes are those who do the task while being scared.;)) I too have a few fears I have to overcome.;))
    Have a great day,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. To me fear at somethings is absolutely panic stricken. I am not afraid of persuing a goal or trying to achieve it , my fear is some particular illnesses. I have no-one who will listen my children and brother have a different outlook on that subject so can't comprehend my fear.
    Enjoyed your write.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I had no fear I would put my portfolio together and visit Interior decorators and show my art work!!! Guess I better get the lead out!!
    You go for it Coreen!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I have fear, a lot of it at times, but I am in PhD school anyway. I'm somewhat afraid of comprehensive exams coming up, but then again, I try to remember that even I were not to pass them, is it the worst event that could ever happen to me? Not hardly.

    Great post,

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. The logical question would be if we had no fear then would we also not have dreams? I believe our lives have obstacles in place for each of us in order for each to grow and become. Fear is what tells us we are on the right track.

    Wonderful thought and very motivational of you. And thank you for the lovely comment on post yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, Coreen. I guess the hardest thing I had to do was to decide to divorce my first husband.. We had been married (unhappily) for 20 yrs.--and had 3 sons. I was scared to step out in that big ole world by myself. With the help of a friend, I did it--and even though I do NOT advocate divorce, it was truly the beginning of a new and better life for me.. I would never have met my George --and known what true love really is---IF I hadn't have made that big decision... Glad I did it!!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. we need to take risks in life, ads to the excitment xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. back in college I learned that every successful business men were risk-takers. Though they have fear they conquered it and achieved their dreams. Fear is one thing I am trying to conquer especially living away from my family. You feel the lack of security and yet, it's such a nice feeling when you got on top of it. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...what a thought provoking opening quote...and closing question...

    I am an introvert, so no fear would definitely change that aspect of my life....

    ReplyDelete
  12. My only real fear at the moment is of losing my house. I don't seem to be making any progress in trying to find a job. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You nailed it. I'm taking a huge risk and homeschooling my children. Never thought I would, but here I am. God moves our lives in strange ways. Mine has been an abrupt u-turn since November...And I wanted to say thanks for following at Life is Good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I had no fear, I would open up my own business.

    ReplyDelete
  15. fear is not always a neg but can be a positive. if we admit to a fear and go forward in dealing with that fear, we are better . i don't mean that the fear might go totally away, but we aren't "boxed in " by our fear.A step at a time is ok to deal with a fear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails