Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Friday, July 16, 2010

Half Full Friday! July 16th

Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eye Girl originally started in June 2009.

We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us. So by participating, we are deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. We are choosing to concentrate on the positives, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Our Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that. They are a list of the things in our life that have brought us happiness over the past week.

"Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day." ~ Author Unknown

We are determined to find the something good in every day.  Are you?

For the next week, we challenge you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day. On Friday, write your own Half Full Friday post and return to Life As Eye See It to link your post and to see what other bloggers found happiness in during the past week.

Don't forget to grab a Half Full Friday Banner or Button for your blog post if you are going to join in:

This is my sixth time joining Half Full Friday and here is what I'm Happy for this week:
  • I am happy for the love and support of my 3 sons, who keep me real and grounded!
  • I am happy that I get to take another 2-day training next week.
  • I am happy that I have honest people in my life that make me face my obstacles!
  • I am happy that I faced some issues from the past and continue to heal more every day!
  • I am happy that I came back to a job I enjoy so much more since I took '8 to Great' in June.
  • I am happy that I also get to take more and more trainings through my job every month.
  • I am happy that I got more emails from Asperger moms asking for direction and support. :-)
"Happiness is a conscious choice, not an automatic response." - Mildred Barthel

Have a Wonderful weekend, Everyone!
Love & Hugs Always to my Friends,
Coreen
Bookmark and Share 

11 comments:

  1. It's been a "Different " sort of week for me.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I am happy having a friend like you xxx:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy that all of us can blog and get support and comfort.have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat post.... I agree that we need to try to find the good in everything... Since May I have had knee problems --followed by surgery in June... I am a very active person who loves hiking ---so this problem really was hard for me. There were many days when I truly did not see the good in life.... I tried ---but it was darn hard!!!!!

    BUT--there are so many things we have to be thankful for...

    Thanks for a great post.
    Have a good weekend.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coreen, I am so glad you found my blog, because that gave me the opportunity to find YOURS. What a delightful idea and post. I already did my Friday post but I may fudge just a little and do another one! I think I will grab your widget and join in the thankful-ness.

    Thanks! that rebel, Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its been a great week as I submitted my re-edited MS to iUniverse, ending four months of craziness. And I'm very happy. Have a great weekend.

    Stephen Tremp

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list of things to be happy about! You left a comment on my blog that you've been gone for a little while. I hope it was for a happy reason! (In keeping with the Half Full Friday theme!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quotes, they are so true.;) Every day is a miracle in itself.;) Glad you can find so much to be happy about,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you have a nice life! May you continue to find happiness in all the little things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bless your heart. I love your healing stories!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails