Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Children needed to bake cookies!! :)

I get up early on Saturday's to go to the post office before they close. They are only open from 8-9am in small towns. Then I usually run additional errands to feel productive, even if I don't accomplish much else the rest of the day. It is Saturday and my day off after all. :-)

Today had to run to the pharmacy for some cold medicine. While I was there I saws the most adorable cookie cutter set. So I had to get it, even though I don't have small children of my own around... right now anyway. Children are always welcome in this house. We love kids!
Of course I have containers FULL of cookie cutters from when my own boys were young and from when I had a home daycare. I collected every cutter and stencil I could find back then. The kids would use trace for drawing. I had, and still have, even more for use with play dough. I had the best play dough accessory collection of any daycare provider!

Oh, but the cookie cutters have so improved since then. So today when I saw the ‘new and improved’ cookie cutter/stencils of the future, I just couldn’t resist! I just knew I had to buy them!

So now I need some children to borrow, please! For a little while, just long enough to make some cookies and draw some pretty pictures, with glitter of course. Because these new and improved cookie cutter/stencils have ‘glitter’ edges for less mess, so the box says. LOL
Bookmark and Share

17 comments:

  1. I have a bunch of cookie cutters too! Only I don't ever have any of the ingredients to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice. my boys love making cookies...we made some red velvet cookies with stencils the other week...they loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't resist buying cookie cutters either. The last bunch I got were in pastel colours, in the shapes of Easter things. We don't do cookies at home anymore, but I send the fun stuff on to my grandkids. My DIL is really crafty with them and everyone has a good time.

    Besides: anything that gets kids involved in the kitchen is a very good thing. :)

    Come see us on Steadfast. Happy Friday Follow (on Saturday)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a bunch of my grandma's old christmas cookie cutters. Every year I bring them out, but they make me think of her and how much I miss her. Then I get all sad and have to put them away again!

    If I had kids, I'd send them your way, but I don't! Good luck with your quest of getting some!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have sixteen kindergarten children that would love to bake cookies with you! What time can you be at school on Monday? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I can help you eat those.....they are the cutest cookie cutters I have seen!!~ Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sound like me with a drawer full of things for a grandchild someday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Saturday!! I am a New Friday Follower!!

    Sarah

    sarahsblogoffun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for coming by my blog the other day. These cookie cutters look awesome. I loooove making cookies. I have not been able to do any kind of baking recently and my daughter is feeling really out of sorts about it all.

    Look forward to reading you. Please feel free to stop by often!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually just got an Easter cookie cutter to review that I need to do with my boys!

    Stopping by to say Hi and Happy Follow Friday (a day late)! Now following you!

    I have a whole bunch of giveaways going on if you wanted to check them out!

    http://mamasmoneysavers.com/category/current-giveaways

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a bunch of cookie cutters too. I don't use them too much b/c I'm the one who ends up eating the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cookie cutters are fun - I used to make my daughter sandwiches in the shapes of butterflies and hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We use our cookie cutters with playdoh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's all you needed to say...sending three over your way right now. Well, maybe only two. Not sure if my teenage son would enjoy the glitter.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never heard of cookie cutter/stencils that have edges for glitter!! that's crazy!! My daughter isn't quite old enough for stuff like this yet, but you better believe mommy cannot wait!!!

    How wonderful to have had a daycare in your home! You must know all the best toys that kids love! Maybe you will do a post on that someday? I'd love to know what you found to be tried and true!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We love cookies at my house.You can always send them our way.LOL Those are really cute I wouldn't have passed them up either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails