Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sweet Country Boy.......

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then you're a leader." ~John Quincy Adams
I saw this man a while back who at first glance was a nice looking sweet country boy. Then I met him and realized he was so much more. Up until that time in my life, I'd never met anyone like him.

When I first heard him speak it was to a group of young people about his career choice, having a positive attitude and how he managed his people based on that positive attitude.

He was so incredibly passionate about what he did and the importance of attitude.  He was obviously very intelligent too, but without being arrogant.  Just open, honest and genuine!  He inspired me to believe in myself and to follow my own passions!

Since that day we have talked and gotten to know each other a little better. We have similar personalities, character qualities and the same family values.  We are very much alike.  I know in my heart that we were meant to be friends; because we each needed a friend at that time in our lives.

I feel comfortable around him.  I think he’s a true friend and that I can trust him.  Even more important, I think he ‘gets’ me.  A lot of people don’t, but I think he really does and I like that!

I had talked about writing for many years, but had never taken the initiative or just got started.  I had this dream of helping people with my experiences and stories.

Then I met this man with the passion for his job and the heart of gold toward other people.  He inspires me every day.  He is the reason I started writing, finally following my own passions and started fulfilling my own dreams.  Many of my stories are inspired by him and already help many people.  I know this from the private emails I receive everyday from those who find understanding, inspiration and strength from my blog post.

Much time has passed since I met this sweet man; and although we are busy with our careers and taking care of are own families; he continues to inspire me every time I think of him.  I know that my life, and the lives of everyone who knows him, will never be the same because of this sweet country boy!
"If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived?  Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you." ~T. Alan Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails