Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What does 'Unconditional Love' mean to You?

I talk about Unconditional Love a lot. I even put a quote on my blog page recently that I love and that adds a needed piece. "The greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance."- Brian Tracy

I feel that Unconditional Love is accepting someone for who they are and embracing them for their uniqueness and the person that not only are inside, but the person they could be with love and encouragement. Not judging, criticizing or trying to change them

The dictionary describes Unconditional Love as a term used that means to love someone regardless of one's actions or beliefs. That definition I’m not so sure of, because actions and beliefs reflect underlying character.

Although in a case of my children it wouldn’t matter what they thought or believed, I would still love them unconditionally no matter what. When it comes to dating and finding someone to spend time with, it gets more complicated. I have lots of mixed feelings and opinions in that situation. More on that later…..

So what do you think Unconditional Love is my new friends?
Bookmark and Share

16 comments:

  1. I think it is when you genuinely love someone no matter what they do. But you can still love someone and not put up with behavior that you don't like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and as far as dating goes, you should not only unconditionally love someone but they should also fit unconditionally well in your life if you were going to marry them. I've really loved people (and even felt attracted to them) but there is no way they were marriage material. That isn't unconditional. That's just practical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think as we age, it becomes easier to accept people for who they are, flaws and all. In doing so, I think we are more open to unconditional love. But at the same time, I do not think loving unconditionally means you have to settle in the dating arena. Have your standards set and requirements firm on the things that matter, and then let unconditional love come into play in regards to all the little details or quirks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well explained and put Heather and Amber! Esp. with how I view it in the dating area. Thank you!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh so tough. Of course I want to be loved unconditionally but I also want to be able to grow and change and if everyone always liked me just as I was and I liked myself just as I am how am I to grow?

    Tough because I wish I could be a friend that is unconditional about her love but I am not. I am unconditional about my interest in those being happy. I want for them to be happy with true sincerity. However my friendships are conditional and the love I put forth to them,, also conditional. Conditional on respect, honesty and a wiliness to want to make the things in your life you do not like,,, better:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have unconditional love for my dogs because nothing they could do would ever change my feelings for them.

    As for relationships, I like the idea of unconditional love but I no longer believe in love. Or rather, I no longer believe I'll find it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uncondition love, is love without boundaries. Love without schemes. Love without expectations. So many of us say we love unconditionally when we all know we have our limits.

    Tiffany
    http://liferequiresmorechocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad you found me so i could follo you back to here...unconditional love is the ability to appreciate one for who they are, and what they have done...i dont think it goes so far as not to desire change in them, because if someone is harming themselves, it would not be love to ignore it...sorry, just a random thought that tagged on there at the end...will be back! and i do belive you are #400 for me. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great question: I think that unconditional love is knowing how to love someone without enabling them in risky behavior or on the other end of the spectrum, uplifting their self-awareness to support the emergence of a higher self. I don't think it means: Do anything crazy and I'll still coddle you with crippling, neglectful love. There's a fine art to loving unconditionally, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with all these thoughts here and yours. I'll add that it is also loving someone though their annoyances like farting and irratating habits, lol.

    I like ajgallions answer best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good post and great topic Coreen! I tend to see unconditional love as being honestly present for someone and supporting them in their own decision making, but it gets kind of complicated with children. I love our daughters madly and I am not always sure when to step in provide guidance or when to let them skin their knee and learn a life lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Coreen,
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog and I'm so glad you like it! Yours is great too- it seems like we have a few things in common! I am trying to get my message out to as many people as possible and I'm hoping my blog can help spread the word.

    Thanks again for stopping by. I am your newest follower and I look forward to reading your posts! Hope you have a great day

    http://optimaloptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there! I'm a new follower from Friday Follow! I hope you'll follow my blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Unconditional love comes naturally with our children... With dates and potential partners, that has be worked at and earned, methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. While respect must be earned, unconditional love is given freely, no matter the circumstances. We love our children unconditionally, coworkers or superiors earn our respect. We love unconditionally even when the person we love lets us down. God loves us unconditionally, so does His son, Jesus Christ, although we are sinful by nature. That's the purest example of unconditional love.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely Ninny! Thank you EVERYONE for giving your comments and opinions! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails