"If you can't be truthful with yourself, how can you be honest with anyone else." ~Yvonne Lewis
"I believe that truthfulness with ourselves and unconditional love of others leads to happiness." ~Me
Not being truthful with yourself keeps you from allowing yourself to be happy; which keeps you inside your your own walls or prison. Following your heart is a spiritual connection. Not following your heart, or allowing yourself to trust your own intuition, causes the death of ones own spirit. I know, I almost let my own spirit die once.
Back then I wasn't honest with myself and I didn't trust the people I needed to break free from. All I could think about was what they 'might' do. I was afraid my children would be turned against me, or that I wouldn't be able to take care of them on my own. Fear ruled every day of my life for many, many years.
My mind was very clouded from all the stress in my home and life. I didn't live with unconditional love.. the type of love that we all deserve and that which brings peace and true happiness.
Deep down I should have known I didn't have to stay in that situation; that I wouldn't really lose my children and that I could take care of myself. But I couldn't think clearly when I was walking on eggshells all the time, just trying to get through each day in peace or at least without a major conflict.
Instead of being truthful with myself, I made excuses, hide what my home life was really like from most people, and how I really felt. I was embarrassed, confussed and I didn't trust anyone because of all the threats and irrational behavior of others. I was so effected by the manipulation, threats and fear of not knowing what they would do... that I seldom ever listened to my intuition, let alone followed my heart. I know now that I should have and why.
Our intuition is God's guidance in our lives. He wants us to be Happy and have fulfilling lives; so he guides, even talks to us, through our intuition. Our intuition is directly connected to our hearts as well. In fact, following your Heart is the most powerful 'Spiritual Connection' of all.
Unfortunately many people who are unhappy...
- are not truthful with themselves
- don't allow themselves to be happy
- don't listen to or trust their intuition
- are too afraid or don't trust themselves enough
- and especially don't realize that following our heart is a Spiritual ConnectionThis is when people need to 'let go of what they think they know' and realize that the negative and fearful thoughts are not going to happen. That we won't loss everything that matters to us, nor do we need to live in fear of others or of the unknown. We just need to trust ourselves, admit to how we really feel, and listen to the Spiritual Connections that God has given each of us, our intuition and hearts, so he can guide us to the happiness he wants for us.
"Following your Heart is a Spiritual Connection."