Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Half Full Friday.... after a Very Busy Week!


"The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind." ~Wayne Dryer
Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eye Girl originally started in June 2009.  Now the it is hosted by Sprinkles at Wyldechylde.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us. So by participating, we are deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. We are choosing to concentrate on the positives, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Our Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that. They are a list of the things in our life that have brought us happiness over the past week. We are determined to find the something good in every day. Are you?
"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves." ~Victor Frankl 
For the next week, we challenge you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day. 
I'm Happy and Thankful for many things every day... especially this week:
  • For my new job!  
  • For awesome co-workers! 
  • For great training! 
  • For positive changes! 
  • For new experiences!
  • For learning new skills!
  • For feeling productive!
  • For those who helped calm my nerves this week! 
  • For getting off early on Fridays because I'm exhausted! 
"If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies." ~Author Unknown
It's also "ALOHA FRIDAY" Everyone!!  If you want to join in the fun? Post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the Aloha Friday post at An Island Life. Then you can visit the other participants if you wish...It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends or see what people are thinking about this week and join in a conversation or two if you like.
"If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it -- change the way you think about it." ~Mary Engelbreit 
 My question:  Do you believe negative people can change?

My answer: I absolutely do!   If one takes responsibility for the own thoughts, actions, including bad behavior; and then above all.. WANT to Change!  Sadly... few negative people do any of those things and never change.  
"People can change until they take their last breath." ~Alton R. Jorgenson
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!!
Many Blessings,
~ Coreen XO
Bookmark and Share

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an excellent week! And you're definitely having a Half Full Friday!!!

    Don't forget to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Coreen, Loved this post. sounds like life is treating you very well. congratulations on your new job. I do think negative people can change if they try. have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new job! Hope you like it. Yes, I believe negative people change although its very difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe they can change but most don't want too!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful list to be thankful for, thanks for sharing.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Negative people have to want to change first!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations for the new job Coreen and most of all, I am happy that you have awesome co-workers.

    Yes, I believe that negative people can change, however there should be the real pure hearth and willingness to change.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've often thought I would like to interview negative people to find out if the negativity really works for them and what's in it for them; how they got the way they are; why they think it's ok to stay that way; what needs to happen for them to consider change; and whether they think the rest of us are the ones who need to change!

    One of our volunteers asked one of our crochety seniors whether she was born that way or whether she just decided recently that she was going to be a grouch? The senior being asked couldn't contain her laughter and those two really hit it off!

    I've found that once I listen to negative folks, really LISTEN, their negativity comes from a place of sheer frustration that no one understands HOW they think. I let them talk and find at least one or two things that I can agree on with them. That builds a bridge. Sometimes I've bantered back with negativity and they finally get the picture. Everyone is unique! Being a realist myself it's hard sometimes to decide whether a positive person is genuine or the negative person is! I think pessimists and optimists simply have different perspective and both are to be valued!

    Off my box now.... LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Coreen
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.
    I am glad you had such a good week too, it sounds like you love your job.
    I hope somehow negative people find something in their lives that changes them, they would be so much happier.
    Hugs, Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm all for training and learning new skills but negative people...

    Not only do they have to want to change, they have to realize they are negative. :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another awesome week for you! :)

    I do believe negative people can change, but I agree with the others...they have to want to change. We had a friend who was negative - and no matter how much we did to help him get his life back on track after a nasty divorce, he wasn't willing to change his negativity and preferred to wallow in his 'poor me' mentality. It's sad, really. We had to part ways as friends because his negativity was bringing us down. :)

    Once Upon a Time I Had a Dream...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do think they can change. A lot of negative people are that way because of circumstances in their lives. If the situation changes I'm sure they will change, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails