Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Half Full & Aloha Friday!

"Where your pleasure is, there is your treasure: where your treasure, there your heart; where your heart, there your happiness." ~ Saint Augustine
Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eye Girl originally started in June 2009.We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us. So by participating, we are deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. We are choosing to concentrate on the positives, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Our Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that. They are a list of the things in our life that have brought us happiness over the past week. We are determined to find the something good in every day. Are you?
“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence” ~ Aristotles
For the next week, we challenge you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.


“Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” ~ Robert Heinlein
This is what I'm Happy for this week:
  • I am extremely happy all my boys will be home for Christmas! 
  • Happy at least one of them will bring a friend with!
  • I am always Happy to have company!  The more the better! 
  • Happy to have a reason to decorate, bake and cook!!
  • I am very happy for a fast & productive week!
  • I am happy my son has a new mentor!  He seems really nice!
  • I was surprised.. yet Happy seeing someone on Wed!
  • I am happy for 2 fantastic meetings this week!
  • I am happy to have so many things to look forward too! 
"We are at our very best, and we are happiest, when we feel loved!" ~ ME :-)
It's also "ALOHA FRIDAY" Everyone!!
If you want to join in the fun? Post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the Aloha Friday post at An Island Life. Then you can visit the other participants if you wish...It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends or see what people are thinking about this week and join in a conversation or two if you like.

"There is only one purpose in life, to love and be loved!" ~ unknown

My question:  What is the main ingredient to finding our Purpose in life?

My answer:   I believe it's Love!  We need Love to open our hearts and souls to all the possibilities that life has to offer. 

I feel that Love is how we connect to not only others, but also to ourselves.  We need those connections in order to learn life lessons, realize what our passions are and what our purpose in life is. 

We are here on this earth to enjoy Life... and the best joy in life is 'Love'.  It's the most important ingredient to both Happiness and finding our Purpose in Life.

"Love many things, for therein each lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well." ~ Vincent van Gogh
"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu
I hope that the people I care about know how much I love them.  I pray that I give my family and friends strength, encouragement, courage and mostly the warm feeling of loving arms around them... even when we are apart.  If you ever need any of that.. I am only an email or phone call away! :-)

Blessings & Hugs to you All,
Coreen
Bookmark and Share 

18 comments:

  1. Is it Friday there already or are you a little early? lol

    Sounds like you had a really great week! So happy for you. Happy Half Full Friday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. finding ones purpose....try enough things to figure it out? actually i do think trying is important...i was speaking to college kids once really encouraging internships b/c they may find they hate what they always wanted to do...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good positive thoughts. I really like the quotes you provide here. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the bible says "The greatest of these is love..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the fresh morning air in my window today! I am amazed at how lovable you sound!!

    p.s. I am beaming about the son who is getting a friend home! Ooh la la!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these meme's are so encouraging! Great list of what you are happy about this week! Your last paragraph totally brought a tear to my eye. What a blessing you are to your family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Coreen, I always love this weekly post of yours. It's so uplifting... We all need to list things which make us happy... Right now, I am happy because both George and I got good results from our annual physicals and from our eye exams. Praise God for good health...

    Love your answer about finding purpose in life. LOVE is definitely very important.. The other word which comes to mind is GOD.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've learned not to look at what I've lost, but at what I still have. My cat, Gypsy, tells me that the glass is not half full or half empty -- it's just too darn big!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting. It makes me feel as if I'm not playing to an empty house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) beautiful!! must say you are making a lot of difference to my friday mornings nowadays :) i am especially happy to read your list of "Happiness points" :) ... take care..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your happiness posts!! They make me take the time to stop and consider what and where my happiness is!!
    I am happy that my granddaughter says I am her hero.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to hear that you will have your sons home for the holidays!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with the love sentiment.
    And happy today is the last day of my virtual tour - with NaNo beginning on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list! I'm so happy for you that your family will be with your for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, Love. What situation turning emotion. I really like this one :)

    Now instead of all the ending items offered, can you come bake for me? :D I love home made cookies.
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your list, as always. I agree that LOVE is a emotion necessary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your happy list is happy indeed. It must be wonderful to have grown children return home for the holidays!!!

    You ask a difficult question. I think your answer is very good. I can't think of a better one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am sure that the people you care about know how much you love them!

    I think, the ingredients to finding our purpose in life is self acceptance and self love.

    I believe that when you have accepted yourself as a capable person, and embrace your strengths, you will be open to whatever life brings you.

    And if you love yourself enough despite your flaws and limitations, you will be able to turn downs things in life that is NOT physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually good for you .

    I believe that - if you are open to life, but refuse worldly vices, life will lead you to your purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I read the Lao Tzu quote in a Dean Koontz book years ago and it's stuck with me all this time. Neat to see it posted here.

    I'm thankful that the terrible storm system is gone. I'm thankful that my husband has tomorrow off. I'm thankful that I'm so very blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails