Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Illusion of Fear... by Phoenix Adoni

“Love is what we were born with. Fear is what we learned here.” ~ Anonymous


Google free images
 The universe is comprised of only two energies – two choices that we as individuals make and can experience: Love or Fear. Every moment of every second of every day, we are constantly choosing one or the other. It is by the light of our own consciousness that we can become aware of when we are on auto-pilot and can then actively, consciously choose love over fear.

Fear is a manifestation of our ego, and the ego is concerned with only one thing: keeping us miserable, which ensures its survival. It is the ego where our past remains very much alive, and to ensure that it keeps us trapped, it projects our fearful and painful memories into the future to try to predict the outcome. It rationalizes that even if the future is miserable, at least I can be certain of what’s to come. The end result is that we loose the present moment – the only moment we have – where only Love resides.

When we become aware that our fear is generated by ego, and how and when it is manifested, we are much more in power to choose not to follow its dark and well-trodden path. Fear’s usual manifestation comes in the form of guilt, judgement, blame, anger, internal conversations or arguments with ourselves or others, and the refusal to forgive. These manifestations are first directed at ourselves, creating unnecessary suffering, which we project from our own minds onto people, places, and situations, all in an attempt to avoid looking at ourselves truly and deeply.

In my own life, I’m realizing how much time I have wasted, how much suffering I have created and how much happiness I have denied myself. As I begin to see my mind drift into fearful fantasy and imaginings of the future, I realize that it is all coming from a past experience I’ve had, and how by this form of visualization, I am re-creating the same for my future.

Once I become aware of my ego’s attempt to cloud the sunlight of my being and lead me away from the reality of Love, I return to my breath, to the present moment, and I realize that I have the power to choose my own thoughts – thoughts of Love, or the ego’s illusion of fear. And when I choose love, kindness, forgiveness, I am quickly reminded that fear does not exist, except in my past, which cannot touch me. I realize that the only reality in each unfolding moment is only Love.

Every moment you see yourself wandering that well-trodden path, breathe gently into your heart, allowing it to spread its warm embrace throughout your body, and realize that you are a brilliant manifestation of Source, which is nothing but pure, gentle and all-embracing Love for self, others, and all of humanity.

~  Phoenix Adoni

"There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved." - George Sand

12 comments:

  1. Never thought if it in that manner. The side of love could also be described as faith, as that's definitely the opposite of fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was good! I do catch myself imagining all sorts of negative outcomes and trying to predict the dark future....and getting myself all worked up and defensive....I am a master mountain maker!

    Good advice!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was excellent , I have been reading books similar to this advice for a few years now and thinking of happy memories or love canlessen fear, I have one great fear despite my positivity but am trying to overcome it.

    Have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I let fear take hold way too often! Thanks for the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fear is ego! I never thought of that. I have felt that fear is the absence of love and even trust. I think ego is a much more powerful detriment. We all have it in this day and age. It takes constant reminding to myself to overcome those tendencies. Thanks for the post and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice. good food for though...and in the end...love wins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, I never thought about the fear-ego connection, but you are right!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a LOT of fear of going back to school.

    Interesting... Never thought of fear as ego.

    Hope you're having a wonderfully relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great writing. It's true fear is what we're (or at least for me it rang true) I am projecting fear into my future by remembering "what was" and predicting it to happen again. I love this enlighten consciousness type stuff - but it's tricky. Thanks and I hope you write more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fear does keep me from doing or trying new things!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How easy it is to wallow in the past and fear!! You are so right...walk in love!!! Good post and great reminder.
    Thanks
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails