Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Half Full & Aloha Friday!

"Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so." - Robert G. Ingersoll
Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eye Girl originally started in June 2009.We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us. So by participating, we are deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. We are choosing to concentrate on the positives, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Our Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that. They are a list of the things in our life that have brought us happiness over the past week. We are determined to find the something good in every day. Are you?
"Practice hope. As hopefulness becomes a habit, you can achieve a permanently happy spirit." - Norman Vincent Peale
For the next week, we challenge you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.

"The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet." - James Oppenheim
This is what I'm Happy for this week:
  • I was happy to see my mom and favorite Aunt! 
  • I'm happy for great clearance bargains on Saturday!
  • I'm happy for a great weekend with my 'sister' friend!
  • I'm happy for friends who understand me!
  • I'm happy for learning new skills this week! 
  • I'm happy for another 'guest' blog post!
  • I'm happy that my son's dog, only had a sprain!
  • I'm happy for the wonderful local Vets!
  • I'm happy for students helping me with my garage.
  • I'm happy for the love of my family and friends!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within." - Ramona L. Anderson

"Until you are happy with who you are, you will never be happy with what you have." - Zig Ziglar

It's also "ALOHA FRIDAY" Everyone!!
If you want to join in the fun? Post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the Aloha Friday post at An Island Life. Then you can visit the other participants if you wish...It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends or see what people are thinking about this week and join in a conversation or two if you like.

"Give your stress wings and let it fly away." ~Terri Guillemets
Question:  What do you do to relax and get rid of stress?

Answer:  I walk, listen to inspirational or relaxing Cd's, light candles or incense, sit in a whirlpool or hot tub when available and write in my journal or Blog. :-)
"Stress is the trash of modern life - we all generate it but if you don't dispose of it properly, it will pile up and overtake your life." ~Terri Guillemets
Blessings & Hugs to you All,
Coreen
Bookmark and Share 

25 comments:

  1. I listen to music, read, munch, or sleep. And I'm thankful that God answers prayers!!!!

    Have a fabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh...Coreen you sound like you had an AWESOME week. I am happy you are Happy...you girl deserve to be happy:) Have a happy weekend. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think understanding friends are the BEST!!!

    To relax? I like quiet. Peace and quiet. And a good nap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another post full of wonderful thanks and great quotes! Again, I'm thankful for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy that next week I am going to meet relations I have never met, as my dad died when I was three and aprt my my grandparents didn't know anyone else in the family.

    Thanks for a wonderful post.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was thrilled to see the TEN happiness points!! wow!!! i am so so so very happy for you :) take care and keep smiling..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy to see my mom and brothers! Haven't seen them in over five years!! Very happy!
    I relax by going shopping! Reading a book or a nice long soak in the hot tub!!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Many good words to remember and live by!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. To reduce stress...i read your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I run and do yoga to relieve the stress.

    Have a great Friday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/10/come-on-ladies-you-know-exactly-what-i-mean/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ziglar's quote is so true.
    And I relax by playing the guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i used to like to just drive around...
    in college, i would say paint
    My ALOHA for you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your list and these quotes as well. My big stress reliever? Walking! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A hot bath or a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes it does sound like a wonderful week! Great list, a stress relief?

    ReplyDelete
  17. visiting from Half full friday...love you list today!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I especially LOVE that last quote...stress=trash...so true!!! Your post is so inspirational! Thank you!!! ~Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  19. I run and listen to jamming Christian music and get mt twinkies to dance!!!Aloha
    I like your half full Friday!! what a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I relax by listening to jazz, reading a book or taking a walk at the local park.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I listen to my pandora and sit in the bathtub to relax....

    ReplyDelete
  22. this always cheers me up love this post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gotta love those great clearance sales. :D

    I exercise, read, or work on my novel when I want to relax. :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm glad your son's dog only had a sprain too.

    Sounds like overall, you had a pretty good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails