Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Friday, September 24, 2010

Half Full & Aloha Friday!!

"A flower without a stem, is beauty waiting to die. A heart without love, is a tear waiting to cry."-- Octavio Paz
"A joyful heart is the inevitable result of a heart burning with love."-- Mother Teresa
Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eye Girl originally started in June 2009.We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us. So by participating, we are deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. We are choosing to concentrate on the positives, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Our Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that. They are a list of the things in our life that have brought us happiness over the past week. We are determined to find the something good in every day. Are you?
"All paths lead nowhere, so it is important to choose a path that has heart."-- Carlos Castaneda

"A person's world is only as big as their heart."-- Tanya A. Moore

This is what I'm Happy for this week:
  • I am happy my son is feeling better!  
  • I am happy I got to talk to my son in Texas again this week!
  • I am happy I went to the doctor too and feel better today.
  • I am happy for my blogging & work friends who helped me through a rough day this week.
  • I am happy that I follow my Heart!!
  • I am happy I do what's right no matter what anyone else thinks, does or says!
  • I am happy that I am not manipulative or a controlling woman/person!
  • I am very happy for the influence and experience of someone with character & passion this past year.  Along with the growth it allowed in me personally.  I am not the same person I was even back in December, because of meeting this person.  I wish them much happiness in their move and life. 
"I would rather have eyes that cannot see; ears that cannot hear; lips that cannot speak, than a heart that cannot love."-- Robert Tizon


It's also "ALOHA FRIDAY" Everyone!!
If you want to join in the fun? Post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the Aloha Friday post at An Island Life. Then you can visit the other participants if you wish...It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends or see what people are thinking about this week and join in a conversation or two if you like.

"A good heart is better than all the heads in the world."-- Edward George Earle Bulwer-Lytton

Questions to think about

Do you let your heart lead the way, or do you usually let your head make the decisions for you?

Have you encountered situations whereby your mind told you one thing but your heart said otherwise?

Do you feel happier when you follow your heart?  (I know that I do!)
"If I create from the heart, nearly everything works; if from the head, almost nothing."-- Marc Chagall
Do you let your heart take you down a path where your mind would be against?

Are you one who wants to follow your heart but is fearful of the risks you'll be taking?

Women seem to follow their hearts or listen to their instincts more then men do.  Why is that?
"Follow your heart, but be quiet for a while first. Ask questions, then feel the answer. Learn to trust your heart."-- Author Unknown
Follow your Heart!  Love your Destination!
Have a Great weekend, Everyone!
~Coreen
Bookmark and Share 

29 comments:

  1. Can one really love life or their destination when they ingore the desires of their heart? NO! I think that in some ways, our heart is our consience, or God telling us what we know is right, even if it is hard. I mostly go with my heart, it may be hard for me and hard on my health, but I am always so glad in the end that I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it takes a balance of head and heart...your heart provides the passion, your mind the wisdom...too much of either and you will be stuck...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have started thinking from my heart rather than head - older the wiser! :)

    ~ash's mum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to read , a real pleasure,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a winner!!! I LOVE your strength, your courage, your positivity, your kindness, your understanding and your respect for friendship! I'm sending you a lot of love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a heart and instinct follower for sure.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thinking it's a combination of both for sure!

    Some lovely thoughts here today! :)
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely a heart person. Wonderful thought process as well. :)

    And I'm sorry you have had a rough week. :(

    Cyber HUG
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about the rough week - glad your friends were able to get the knife out of your heart! ((HUGZ!!))

    And in answer to your question - I'm definitely one to follow my heart. ;)

    Aloha: Nicknames

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! My first time to visit!

    I tend to follow my heart...it would help me a GREAT deal if I did not rely solely on that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I do both. Weighing the decision to make sure it is the right move.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both of these...And reading them, my heart is very full this week...I have no words to express my feelings right now...but thank you!! Your post truly touched me! ~Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. i believe in keeping a balance in life ...
    i like Brian Miller's comment

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't have the time or the energy to make mistakes so I'll go with my head.

    Have a great Friday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/09/100000000-is-a-lot-of-moolah-mr-facebook/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry you have had a rough week... thanks for sharing so many great reasons to be happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My head usually makes the decisions. My wife says it's a man thing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful post Coreen and so spoken from the heart. I am happy for all the things YOU are happy for....Have a better week next week, I know you will. Debbie XXX000

    ReplyDelete
  18. I tend to do a mixture. I'll follow my head but do part of what's in my heart too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always find I need to listen to my gut instinct, which I think is closely tied to my heart. If I try to intellectualize, and unfortunately I do more than I should, I usually end up sorry. So yes, follow the heart, best advice!

    Love your heartfelt posts.

    I hope this week is much better for you:)*Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  20. A decision made with the agreement of both the heart and mind is quite an intelligent move. But is the two doesn't agree, I move to the power of prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. brilliant. loved the quote at the start, happy weekend dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Go girl!!!! LOVE your newest happy post addition!! I'm looking up to you, today! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have an awesome weekend :) Shauna from http://www.trying2staycalm.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful post... really enjoy reading it.. Specially your questions made me think lot? Great Post

    Have a beautiful Weekend!

    Love
    Sabi Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for your visit and comment.
    Have left a message on Face Book.
    Take care will be thinking of you.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  26. beautiful inspiring list. Stay strong and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails