Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Monday, September 6, 2010

Evaluating What You've Accomplished

Guest post from Mark Ford @ FFG Consulting LLC
"One today is worth two tomorrows; what I am to be, I am becoming." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Whether we like it or not, Labor Day weekend indicates that the summer season is coming to an end. I like to use the change of seasons as a "natural" time to do a goal setting check-up. Take a look at the goals you set for yourself earlier this year. Is it time to recommit? Is it time to adjust? Is it time to celebrate what you've accomplished and maybe even step it up?

By evaluating what you've accomplished, and recommitting to what you'd like to accomplish, you can still write a new and exciting chapter in your life's story by December.

Go for it!   Make it a GREAT week! Make it a GREAT life!

Mark Ford
FFG Consulting LLC
m.ford@ffgroupconsulting.com

Mark is absolutely right!  We still have time to accomplish many Great things before the end of 2010.  I still have many things I want to do before the holidays and feel that Fall is a wonderful time to keep writing those chapters in our lives.  It was a beautiful weekend and spent most of it outside thinking about my life and what all I want out of it.  For one, I feel that I am healed and ready to move into new and exciting directions in both my career and personal adventures.

How about you?
 
Have a Wonderful 'short' work week, everyone!!
Many blessings and Big Hugs,
Coreen

19 comments:

  1. I have recently given myself permission to succeed. Wow. And I agree, it's a great time to evaluate and recommit. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in your new and exciting directions. Do you know what they are and have you planned them? Yes, a change of seasons is a good time for mind cleaning as well as house cleaning. I love the Ben Franklin quote! All we can be assured of is this day, and I squeeze as much as I possibly can into each one, don't like a minute to pass me by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being that we are heading into home renos ASAP, house cleaning is the order of the day. Closets, cupboards and general clutter is on the list for major inventory and clean out. My head space is as cluttered/empty as usual, and I feel like this year is heavily weighted towards the autumn-early winter side. So much is planned for the next 3 months. Then next year, it all starts again, with a season away, an early summer wedding, and August family reunion. I'm feeling like it's a tread mill, rushing from one big hit to the next. It is a happy tread mill, so according to Schweitzer, I am a success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have achieved a few things I wanted to do, I have given my room a new look, bought a new TV ALSO a new cell phone but we won't go down that road......disaster...Am trying to overcome a health issue without worrying too much.I am hoping to achieve before the end of 2010 the start of my new poetry book, thought I'd start it when the not so nice weather is around as I don't want to waste the sunshine we still have,Also I still want to lose some pounds before Dec.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see summer leave! You are right, tis an excellent time to evaluate one's goals. I, for one, am thankful that the scheduled is no longer as crammed as it once was!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always enjoy the short work weeks!
    I want to complete my next manuscript and with my book coming out next month, there's lots I want to accomplish with that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel I am ready to move ahead too!!
    I personally don't want summer to leave...it means winter is just around the corner!! Yikes!!
    No likey winter!!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your reminders that help me grow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi There Coreen, Sounds like you are jumping in head first this Fall... Are you 'stepping out of your box'???? I've accomplished just getting through a horribly hot and dry summer --and am ready for Fall. After my surgery, i too am ready to start hiking and traveling again... We have SO many places we want to see....

    Keep us posted as to your big plans!!!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so ready for fall, it has been so hot ant dry here!! Good luck with your big plans.

    ReplyDelete
  11. a good time to evaluate dear, great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds as if you're raring to go! We still have two or three months left of summer weather, but this time of year is still good to contemplate our goals. Thanks for the post and the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, That's good food for thought.

    Let's see I built a sun room, did 4 painting's and overcame another health problem. Slowly but surely, at 73 I am getting there. LOL.
    I like the post.

    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice reminder and post! You've got a lovely place here. I'll be following. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey - that is another great way to look at Labor day - the end of summer and a reminder to finish and remember our goals we set earlier in the year. Another chance to follow through.

    Thanks for coming over today.

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just on my journey to healing, I have been achieving much. Thank you for the post. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so glad for you that you are in such a good place in your life. Myself, I am going through an upheavel trying to figure out where I am heading right now. Maybe its because the big 50 is coming up or that my baby is applying to college and eventually the boys will not need me even for food...I do need to figure it out...that I guess is my goal right now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the Ben Franklin quote

    "One today is worth two tomorrows; what I am to be, I am becoming." ~ Benjamin Franklin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails