Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Forgetting my reason.............

It has been rough the past month.  We've had many trials and stresses, along with numerous changes in our lives.  Many were support systems or people that have left for one reason or another.

This past week, especially has been life changing.  However, I am at a place in my life where I turn all the situations I experience as lessens and grow from them when ever possible.

Since this month and week was particularly tough for me, I turned to some wonderful, caring friends to uplift me.  It of course helped immediately because they are all so caring, loving, understanding and supportive.  I also trusted them because they accept me, emotions and all, and truly know my heart and intentions in life.  I feel they all have the same heart and soul as I do or I would not have never opened up to them.  I am so very grateful to have them in my life, even if they are all so far way.  I know they are only a state, a phone call, an email or a 'blog' away. 

As I was getting much needed advice and encouragement this week, I was told many times to keep writing in my journal and to blog about what's on my heart and effecting my journey in this life.  The one think I have always prayed for, will eventually bring me to my hearts desires.  It reminded  me that I had forgotten my original reason for blogging.  To tell my stories, open my heart and let it pour out, in the hopes of helping others. 

It turned out when I first started doing that though, it helped me continue to grow and heal even faster than ever before.  I realize, and was told last week by 2 of my best friends (& angels),  that I am not the same person I was 2 years ago and not even 10 months ago.   They both said that they had seen the most healing, growth and self-love in me over the last 10 months.  How nice of them to share that outside opinion with me!  They are so right too!!

I will continue to focus on the positives in my life and post my most popular Friday "Happiness" posts.  However I am also going to remember the reason I started my blog in the first place.  Writing in the hope of helping other people with my 'true life stories'! 

I am going to include some of my journal entries like before and write about the things that are dear to  my heart and drive my passions in life.  Letting you all into my inner self once again. 

I hope you will all continue to join me on my journey and share my heart felt post with someone who may need to know also.  Reminding them that they are 'never' alone in their struggles, trials or heartache!

I love you all, both in my blogging world of friends and those who have known me for a long time and read my journey on Facebook.  Thank you!!  

BIG HUG!
~ Coreen

19 comments:

  1. I'll keep journeying with you. Just write what's on your heart, Coreen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice....write away...i look forward to your stories...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you every step of the way,
    We all go through rough times but it do make us appreciate the good times.

    Take care.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you warm thoughts and love today Coreen!

    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your keeping it real Coreen...it is your blog, your stories, and perhaps we can learn from them...I am betting we can:) Have a great week. Debbie XXX000

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know you were having a rough go of things lately. Sorry to hear that but I'm so happy you had friends to turn to in your time of need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am watching your steps forward. I'm reading and listening and cheering!! Loving the fabulously fresh change coming up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear about all your troubles. You are so blessed to have so many friends, and I'm looking forward to reading more about the real you and you thoughts as you go forward in this direction.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, do blog about what you started your blog for. I felt the intense feelings as I read it. It has been tough for me too. Keep on writing, you do that well
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's what this is all about. Sharing, supporting and just being here to read, learn and be part of something bigger then us all.
    I'm sorry life can be so difficult at times. I do hope it get simplier for you soon.
    I'll be here to cheer you on, support you and give you all the blog love possible.
    Take care Coreen. Sleep well and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well good for you! We're all going to be in for an exceptional treat when you start sharing your truths and gifts with us all again is all I can say. From pain comes wisdom so you're obviously being prepared. I'm here for you and will continue to support you through my commenting and folliwng you blog. Shine your light bright so everyone can see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes I will continue this journey with you. I know that life can sure try to beat us down but you have to remember who you are! We have to remind ourselves of what our goals are! And know, deep inside, that we can attain them.
    Hugging you
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  13. HUGS back...sometimes we forget ourselves, it is always important to remember our own humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You write very well, and we all enjoy it. Things get better with TIME. I thought when the house burnt to the ground I could not go on. We do, and I worked at restoring my life.
    As My mom said, "this too shall pass"
    Friends are the ones to keep you up.

    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you are still seeking to grow and figure out what life is about an your place in it. Isn't that what it's all about?

    ReplyDelete
  16. To me you've been writing your heart since I met you online, which was rather recently.

    I look forward to more and hope you continue your growth. I like your attitude:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Coreen, We ALL go through rough times in our lives... It's all about our attitude as to what we do about these hard times. We have choices in life.... Sometimes we make bad choices and sometimes good choices. It's what we choose to do about those choices that defines us.

    Writing your thoughts down and sharing with others can help... You seem to have many great friends who support you and love you...

    But--when push comes to shove---your life is YOURS. You need to make YOUR choices and live with them... Listening to others is great---but in the end, it's all your choice to make....

    Good Luck, Coreen, and don't forget to turn to God. God can help you tremendously during the trying times of life.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful post. I completely agree with charting your growth, opening up to good friends and being thankful for their encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. A positive attitude sculpts our future. And a good support system can really bouy you up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails