Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Friday, September 10, 2010

Half Full & Aloha Friday!

"Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures." ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr., Life's Little Instruction Book
Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eye Girl originally started in June 2009.We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us. So by participating, we are deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. We are choosing to concentrate on the positives, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Our Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that. They are a list of the things in our life that have brought us happiness over the past week. We are determined to find the something good in every day. Are you?
"If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it." ~ Mary Engelbreit
For the next week, we challenge you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day. On Friday, write your own Half Full Friday post and return to Life As Eye See It to link your post and to see what other bloggers found happiness in during the past week.

Don't forget to grab a Half Full Friday Banner or Button for your blog post if you are going to join in:

"I've decided that the stuff falling through the cracks is confetti and I'm having a party!" ~ Betsy CaƱas Garmon, http://www.wildthymecreative.com/

This is what I'm Happy for this week: 
  • I am happy & appreciative of good friends that encouraged me this week to 'Follow my Heart'!
  • I am happy for no more 'mysterious' phone calls this week on the house phone. Wish I hadn't canceled the caller ID in April...... :-/
  • I am happy to be there for the people I care about!  :-)
  • I am happy I'm getting into better shape and feel good!
"There are exactly as many special occasions in life as we choose to celebrate." ~ Robert Brault, http://www.robertbrault.com/

It's also "ALOHA FRIDAY" Everyone!!
If you want to join in the fun? Post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the Aloha Friday post at An Island Life. Then you can visit the other participants if you wish...It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends or see what people are thinking about this week and join in a conversation or two if you like.

My question:  What 'un-answered prayers' are you grateful for? 

My answer:   I'm grateful for some jobs and relationships that I 'thought' I wanted at different times in my life.  Now with the reality and understanding of who I am and what really makes me happy, I now know what the lessons were and what I want in my life.  I am very thankful for those 'un-answered prayers' and the opportunities I have today. :-)
"If you don't get everything you want, think of the things you don't get that you don't want." ~ Oscar Wilder
I hope everyone has a Happy weekend!
Love & Hugs Always,
Coreen
Bookmark and Share 

16 comments:

  1. Good morning Coreen - Happy Friday to you! Hope that your weekend is excellent,

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am thankful may of the prayers i prayed in HS were never answered...i was young and dumb then...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy that the weather has finally turned cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy but could be happier.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, Oscar, great quote!

    Grood question and I like your answer. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything. There's probably some but maybe I block them out:)

    Thanks, and you have a Happy weekend, too! Love and hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grood? Now there's a word for you. I'm the worst typist. Good is the word.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the confetti quote and the celebration quote!! We think we know what's best for us, but we can't see ahead like God can. Many times, we need to be thankful that God did not answer our prayers. You cover a lot of very important things in this post, hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. another happy day, superb, love your blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sooooooo happy about your son!!! Yay! That'll mean so much more family time!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, happy for your son!! Do love your list again....
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots to be grateful and happy about!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this idea! I'll join in on my blog next week! For today, I'm thankful for dear friends...one in particular. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your answers to the un-answered prayers. I would have to agree. Someone knows me better than I know myself and I'm grateful.

    Many things go right every day. Some things that have gone wrong, I found I could just laugh about. When I say laugh, I mean until I hurt and have tears running down my face and those around me are trying not to pee their pants. Sometimes, you just gotta find the humor!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry I didn't get around until today, I haven't been home much this past week and am just now starting to get caught up on my blog reading.

    I've had a few unanswered prayers too that I was later thankful for. I was upset about it at the time but later realized it was for the best that it didn't work out as I'd hoped.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails