Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Woman gets Happy Ending after YouTube Videos

Check out this video review from ABC News: Woman Posts 62 BreakUp Videos on YouTube.

WOW, I’m very surprised that her boyfriend came back after all that ‘public’ display of drama. Most men don’t like anything aired in ‘public’…. but this is WAY over the top. And some men thought I was ‘too emotional’ when I got a little teary after being lied to. Wow, they had no idea did they?!

I hope her boyfriend was wise to see how much she loved him and realized how much he had hurt her.  I'm very glad that she got a Happy Ending and I hope he treats her very well.

As far as technology goes, I think it has changed things for sure. In one way, it’s harder for some people to cheat or live double lives. Which of course is good! On the other hand I see how places like Facebook have really damaged some relationships because one or both parties share too much personal information about their relationship or worst yet, about previous relationships while they are ‘connected’ with their current one on facebook. Privacy in a relationship is very important. Something that technology can certainly compromise at the very least.

I hope some learn from this and not go out and start posting YouTube videos instead of Facebook messages. It won’t usually work out the way they want, like it did for this lady.

So what do You think about the advance of technology and social media on relationships, especially dating?

16 comments:

  1. i don't understand when couple open a joint email account. really gets on my nerves!!

    ~ash's mum
    p.s. i'd a good no. of dates through online dating (back in the day!) - some were frogs but some were princes so it balanced out. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very surprised that he took her back, as well! Also, she was not looking her best. I think that cyber dating is dangerous, you don't really know who a person can be, they can tell you anything. Of course, you can always use the computer to check them out, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I met some one a few years ago over the net, we wrote emails and text over the phone with the odd occasional phone call, I was living in Spain at the time and was due a visit to my children, whilst over here I met up with him.
    He was the perfect gentleman, charming . I returned to Spain and we still corresponded.We met up a few more times and 6 months later we agreed perhaps we could find an apartment , I thought it was a second chance of happiness for me. I moved in with him then he retired,
    he was the most violent person imaginable so I got out quickly. I am still in the UK as my eldest son was diagnosed with cancer though he is clear at present I thought it best to stay close at hand though I wish I'd never moved from Spain.
    I would NEVER trust anyone from cyberland again.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, the above comment broke my heart for the good lady. The video posting is so shockingly honest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what I think about it. I mean, this is where we are at as a society. Everyone airs their laundry in public...no holds barred!! Many times it just makes me nauseous! It is just too too much!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to check out this video later today. I am constantly amazed at the type and amount of information that people will share online, whether it is on a blog, You Tube, or Facebook.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm such a private person - I can't imagine sharing something like that with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yvonne, we are all so sorry for what you went through. So glad you got OUT though!! You're an incredibly strong and lovely person!!

    Big Hug & Blessings to you!! xoxo
    Coreen

    ReplyDelete
  9. No. No. No. Let's all calm down and stop sharing everything that happens in our lives via video, tweets, and Facebook. Yvonne's response is heart-breaking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a little scary what the electronic media can do to a person isn't it? If used properly, it is such a wonderful tool, but some of the stuff people make public is amazing. Even with blogging I sometimes have to stop and think "have I shared too much?" before I click on the 'post' button.

    I hate to see when young people make mistakes about what they post on-line. They don't realize what they are doing to their life and their careers. It's sad.

    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yvonne, I am so sorry for your experience.

    I try not to share too much about myself on the internet. I don't post too-personal status updates, and I'd never make a YouTube video of myself related to something personal. I'm a little embarrassed for the woman in the article, though I'm glad she's back with her boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol there are a lot of brave people out there airing their dirty laundry in public lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in complete agreement with this entire post, Coreen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. *Cringe* Have a little pride, YouTube woman!

    Glad it had a happy "ending." I feel bad for her but, oh, way too much is shared in the social media. Begging for a lover to come back publicly is embarrassing to watch.

    The mind boggles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Social media scares me, but it's a part of our world... We've come a long ways since I was a teenager and there were two phones in the house, one mounted on the kitchen wall, the other in my father's office...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails