Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What is your Favorite Quote?

I love motivational and thought provoking Quotes!  I have litterally hundreds of Favorite Ones, which you all know I  add and share with most of my post.  It's been very dark and dreary here most of the past week and I am now fighting a sinus infection and recovering from a stressful month so far.  So I thought this post would Cheer me and Encourage us all! :-)

A few of my Favorite Quotes:

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." - Lao Tzu
"Reflect on your present blessings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."  - Charles Dickens

"People of character do the right thing, not because they think it will change the world but because they refuse to be changed by the world." - Michael Josephson

“Every morning we are born again. What we d today is what matters most.” ~ Buddah


"Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Helping people grow and achieve their dreams is the fastest route to success; both theirs and yours."  -  T. Harv Eker

These are from Mark Ford from  FFG Consulting, LLC

"Fear not that thy life shall come to an end, but rather fear that it shall never have a beginning."
- John Henry Cardinal Newman
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world."- Anne Frank
Again, I love quotes and anything that can Inspire or Encourage.  So what is your Favorite Quote that can Inspire us today?

Bookmark and Share 

19 comments:

  1. I like all the quotes, but Dickens is my fav today
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." So sorry you've had a bad month, but actually this quote would apply to you now! I,too, love quotes, and I lost all my favorite ones with the careless click of a finger a few months ago!! So now I am rebuilding. I love your quote list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have and know a lot of those inspirational quotes. I have to say one of my favorites are if you set something free and it comes back to you it is yours, if it does not it never was....I know I messed it up, but you know it. My grandmother had lots of quotes, but they were not always inspirational...example..."where there's a park theres a pervert", "It is as easy to love a rich man as a poor man", "what a tangles wen we weave when we first set out to deceive...Oh I can go on an on:) My granmother" was a real TRIP and a half!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your quotes...

    One of my favorites is:
    Be the change you wish to see in the world. -Gandhi

    Great quote are my specialty over at Optimal Optimist! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift, and that is why it's called the present."
    - Kung Fu Panda

    Yeah, I watch way too many movies...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read this and kept wondering which one I love most. Wow. I love them all. I thought my favorites were 1 and 2 but then I read that, "Every morning we are born again" and I melted. I love the concept, the freedom, the limitless exploring that one can do- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Always do your best and let the Lord do the rest."
    -Norman Bill aka my daddy

    I sure did love the other quotes too. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for stopping by, sure love it when you leave a comment. :o)

    Take care and have a blessed afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was still in grief from my two berevements I bought some self help books.Paul McKenna wrote one qoute which has remained with me these past 5 years "Todays Gratitude Buys you Tomoorow's Happiness" it has hepled me through happy and sad times.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. quotes are an essential part of learning, great story dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Through the darkness there is light."

    Hope you get to feeling better. I haven't had a sinus infection in awhile but they're just awful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love quotes, and yours are great. Here's mine: When people show you who they are, believe them.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. "If someone tells you who they are; believe them!" Mya Angelou
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  13. "A high-spirited person needs a sugar pick-me-up late in the day."

    ---Barney Fife

    ReplyDelete
  14. brilliant quotes!! hope you are recovering fast..take care of your health....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great quotes! I love quotes, too. They're often inspirational or they make me laugh. This one's rather funny:

    'Asking a working writer what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp-post how it feels about dogs.' ~Christopher Hampton

    Hope things are improving for you. Get better, soon:) *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will have to think about that for a while. I have one from a Dean Koontz book posted at the top of my blog just under the header from Lao Tzu. But I have many other faves and I will have to TRY to remember to look for a few that really stand out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You posted some wonderful quotes. :) A quote I read recently and really liked is, "Forgiveness is the greatest form of love."

    ReplyDelete
  18. People need love the most when they deserve it the least.
    And This too shall pass.
    I'm 51 years old and both of these have proved true time and again in my life.
    Mother Teresa said my other favorite -
    We can do no great things;
    only small things with great love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails