Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Half Full & Aloha Friday!!

"You must try to generate happiness within yourself.  If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." - Ernie Banks
Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eye Girl originally started in June 2009.

We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us. So by participating, we are deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. We are choosing to concentrate on the positives, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Our Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that. They are a list of the things in our life that have brought us happiness over the past week.

We are determined to find the something good in every day.  Are you?
"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you have decided to look beyond the imperfections." - Unknown
For the next week, we challenge you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.

"Happiness is not found at the end of the road, it is experienced along the way. So take not for granted each moment of your life and you will find a reason to be happy each day." - Unknown
This is what I'm Happy for this week:
  • I'm happy for a great conversation with my son in Chicago!
  • I'm happy for a great weekend! 
  • I'm happy I am Open Minded and Open Hearted!
  • I'm happy I'm planning another Chicago Trip!
  • I'm happy for a lot of writing time this week!
  • I'm happy for time to think about life! 
  • I'm happy that I have faith & Believe in many things that I can not see!
"Where your pleasure is, there is your treasure: where your treasure is, there is your heart; where your heart is, there is your happiness." - Saint Augustine

It's also "ALOHA FRIDAY" Everyone!!
If you want to join in the fun? Post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the Aloha Friday post at An Island Life. Then you can visit the other participants if you wish...It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends or see what people are thinking about this week and join in a conversation or two if you like.

"Fate - everything happens for a reason.  And when fate happens look for the good in it as it is there!" ~ Catherine Pulsifer

 
Question:  What is 'Fate' to you?

Answer: I believe that 'Fate' is an instance when we are destined for an event or experience.  However I also believe that because of the 'free will' of ourselves and others, we have many paths or destinies to choose from after that 'fateful' event.  I believe it's what you do with the event, information or person after 'fate' brings them into your life, is what matters.  That is where our 'free will' comes into play.

Such as when we meet someone whom we were meant to meet for whatever the reason.  To learn, grow, love or whatever the experience was for us.  How much these people influence or change our lives is based on the free will of each... after the meeting. 

I can think of many people in my life time that I was meant to meet, so each time I feel it was 'Fate'.  I think even the inspiring stories and post I read on many of your blogs, I was meant to read because they changed my mood, heart or way of thinking in some way.  Each time I am inspired or moved my someone... I feel it is 'Fate'. 

The word 'Fate' come from the Latin term fatum, "a spoken decree presumed to come from the gods," the existence of fate has been a topic of debate throughout existence.
The concept of fate dictates that one's destiny is inevitable and predetermined. Those who believe in fate generally feel that it cannot be changed and that they must live out the story that has been written for their life as it is laid out. 

Modern thinking however dictates that our futures are a combination of fate and free will. There are certain characteristics inherent in our beings and destinies we are here to fulfill, but we can choose how we act in our circumstances, thereby influencing our paths. 

"I'm talking about fate here - when feelings are so powerful it's as if some force beyond your control is guiding you to someone who can make you happy beyond your wildest dreams." - Submitted by Kay

Love and Happiness to you All!!
Coreen
Bookmark and Share 

16 comments:

  1. interesting question on fate...was it meant to happen? if so is there anything i could have done to avoid it? i do think our decision affect where we end up so we can not blame fate...i do think we have a fate, but we can miss out on it by our poor or good decisions...

    did i murky the waters enough there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful that the first week of my virtual tour started out with a bang!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God has given us free will, so to a large extent, we create our own fate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, Brian! I actually agree with our missing out on the 'good fate'... which is the only one I believe in, with poor or none decisions. The other side of 'good fate'... is a subject for another.. much deeper.. post. :-)

    Alex, Congrats!!! We are all so happy and excited for you and your book!!! YES!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very true, Ginny!! That 'free will' is what makes us never sure what someone else will do next...... That can be both good some times and 'not so good' other times.

    Wow, I didn't realize that this question was going to be a little 'hot' for a Happy Friday post... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW I love this post...and your comments are awesome! I love that you are planning another Chicago trip...FUN! Have a great weekend!~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thankful I have met relations for the first time and they have filled in about my fasther's family. A jig saw almost finished.

    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Free will is an awesome power!! I too believe things happen for a reason and what we choose to do at that time is usually life-altering!
    I am thankful for a wonderful trip back to Ohio and seeing most of my family!! It was an awesome time!
    Hugging you
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. well written post! i was here for aloha friday but your thoughts on happiness are great! good for you for all your happiness this week.

    as for 'fate'. it is tricky! so what if you are fated for good or bad things? i think you are right, it is your own reaction out of your own free will, that determines your life of happiness and life of meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fate? I'm not really sure.

    Have a great Friday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/10/can-you-save-500-by-the-holidays/

    ReplyDelete
  11. So have a wonderful trip to Chicago! Love your list always!
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally believe in fate! Recently, I sat on the bus next to some girl. I wasn't going to talk to her because she had really ugly shoes but I realized how superficial that was and made myself say something. I found out she's attending the same school I'm going to in January. She told me to apply for Special Circumstances and explained what it was for. If she and I hadn't of talked, I wouldn't have known about that and because of it, I got a much larger pell grant. At the end of our ride, she said, "I think we were meant to sit together today!" And you know what? I think she was right!

    ReplyDelete
  13. when younger I was never happy, didnt know the meaning of the word, but now, as I grow old lol, I think im ok xxx have a wonderful weekend dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fate is when God intervenes for your own benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fridays become so much more fun with happy lists!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that first quote about Happiness. This is how I am. I am happy even in dire situations and sometimes marvel how that can happen.

    And fate. I think God gave us free will but He also has His will for us and if we let him, our fate and his will combined is a good fate to have, whether it turns out good or bad, because with him, all things works out ofr good for those who live him. That's how I see fate.

    On the other hand. we can make our choices that can commune into a fate that we might like or not like but it's the decisions that we choose leading up that that event that gives that outcome of what we would also call fate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails