Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Friday, February 11, 2011

Half Full & Aloha Friday Question!

“Just being happy helps other souls along; Their burdens may be heavy and they not strong; And your own sky will lighten, If other skies you brighten, by just being happy with a heart full of song." ~Ripley D. Saunders
Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eye Girl originally started in June 2009.  Now the it is hosted by Sprinkles at Wyldechylde.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us. So by participating, we are deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. We are choosing to concentrate on the positives, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Our Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that. They are a list of the things in our life that have brought us happiness over the past week. We are determined to find the something good in every day. Are you
"If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal. Not to people or things." ~Albert Einstein
For the next week, we challenge you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.
"The cornerstone of happiness is accepting yourself as a worthy human being." ~Maxwell Maltz
This is where I usually tell you what I'm up to and Happy about this week.. however I'm experiencing some stalkers at this time and not the usual 'blog' type.  These are people who know where I live.  With this not one but 2 completely unrelated stalker revelations; I've decided not to post personal events in my life right now.  However, I can handle these women, with obvious issues with me, and take care of myself.  So I don't want my friends to be worried.  I will be fine and continue to create uplifting and happy post!  Hope you still enjoy theml!
"Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it." ~Jacques Prévert

It's also "ALOHA FRIDAY" Everyone!!  If you want to join in the fun? Post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the Aloha Friday post at An Island Life. Then you can visit the other participants if you wish...It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends or see what people are thinking about this week and join in a conversation or two if you like.
"Happiness is a form of courage." ~Holbrook Jackson
My question:  What personal courage within you, makes you happy?

My answer:   My courage to attempt new skills.  Such as when I started writing and blogging. :-)
"What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?” --Vincent Van Gogh
Have a wonderful weekend! 
Love & Hugs!
~ Coreen
Bookmark and Share

23 comments:

  1. Just making myself a better person on a daily basis.

    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/02/the-coupon-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you have stalkers, but glad you are able to handle it.

    My personal courage within is being happy even when things can be dire.
    I don't think it's just me being happy though. I think it's joy from God that keeps my being level in turmoil and in content.

    But it doesn't matter the situation. I can make myself laugh, dance, sing, live. I like that.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with JamericanSpice, "The joy of the Lord is my strength." Wishing everyone a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I continue to learn and grow even though sometimes I am tempted to stay within comfortable limits! Thanks for a happy post today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The courage to stand by friends who have crazy stalker chicks, smile and not say what I really want to.

    I'll smile but I won't like it Coreen. :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you on that Coreen. I think it took me a lot of courage to muster up a blog. It was intimidating to put yourself out there. You risk rejection. It's not always perfect but I enjoy it most days and never regret it...so I am happy I had the courage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My whole blog is devoted to that issue - happiness is a choice and God wants us to be happy. We will have falls but we have to get back up.

    So I totally agree with this 100%.

    I am so sorry for your stalkers.

    Love,
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Coreen, Learning to be happy with myself was the first thing which needed to happen. When I didn't like myself very much --I wasn't a very happy person...

    Then I 'found' happiness --with George Adams. Once I figured out that he loved me just as I am, then I started loving myself ---and boom boom--there it was---my happiness...

    Hugs
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Coreen! Two stalkers? That's crazy and terrible! You're a brave woman. Keep yourself safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHAT??? Two? I'm so sorry! I had a stalker once, upset me so much it put me in the hospital. Do you have a pastor to discuss this with? Mine was a tremendous help. My happiness comes from stretching myself and putting myself on the line to help others.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's a lot of happiness in this post today! :)
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. courage to touch lives....


    ugh on the stalkers...went through that over the summer...best wishes there...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stalkers, ughhh, they need to get their own lives! Be safe and in God's care. Having the courage to touch and influence the lives of people the Lord sends my way and coming out of my self protective shell!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Friday dear Coreen.;) So sorry to hear about stalkers, how unpleasant! But it is comforting to hear though that you can handle it.;)
    As for your question, it is my courage to love and to give into love fully and without restrictions or fear of being hurt, over and over again.;)
    Have a lovely weekend dear Coreen,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd be flattered if I had real-life stalkers...just kidding. Weird.

    I will TRY to find something to be happy about this week--oh wait, lots of chocolate from my grandma on Valentine's Day is gonna be SWEET.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry that you have stalkers...that has to suck!
    It is my courage to give and receive love from others that makes me smile! Courage to get up everyday and to "try"!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yesterday I was offered a new job that scares me becuase it is so different. My ability to get over this and try something new will help me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't think of myself as courageous. I simply endure.....

    I have a goodie for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so sorry you're dealing with annoying stalkers... Love that you can take care of yourself and we don't have to worry! ;)

    I'm right there with you on the courage to attempt new skills...isn't it nice when you surprise yourself with success at those attempts? ;)

    Valentine's Day Plans?

    ReplyDelete
  20. sorry about the stalkers, be careful. it takes courage to develope a blog. have a good evening rose

    ReplyDelete
  21. I strive to live each and every day the best that I can and hopefully make a difference in somebody else's life.

    God bless ya and have a beautiful weekend sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everyone said what I was thinking about stalkers! Weird is the word. Yes keep the Joy!
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  23. stalkers.....!! i miss the list of happiness..it used to spread smile on my face... but the post still made me happy ...you take care and know we are there...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails