Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Half Full and Aloha Friday my friends....

"The greatest happiness is to transform one's feelings into action." ~ Madame de Stael
Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eye Girl originally started in June 2009.  Now the it is hosted by Sprinkles at Wyldechylde.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us. So by participating, we are deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. We are choosing to concentrate on the positives, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Our Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that. They are a list of the things in our life that have brought us happiness over the past week. We are determined to find the something good in every day. Are you?
"Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give."~Eleanor Roosevelt
For the next week, we challenge you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.
"That is the key to happiness; to be to others what you'd like them to be to you." ~Anonymous
Last week I said I wasn't going to post personal things for a while.  Well, most of you know that I threw that out the window this week with my 'vent' about some negative experiences recently.  I was frustrated, angry and hurting... so I let out exactly what I was thinking and feeling.  It was my release!

I was upset and not sure what to expect or do next.  However you, my friends from 'all over' the world, came to my side with so much support, understanding, advice, comfort and love!  All of you helped me not only through a stressful and hurtful time; but you also helped me Grow and once again Learn from an unexpected but enlightening experience.  Thank you, I love you All!!!

This week I'm Happy and Thankful for: 
  • The support from my Amazing Friends!
  • For a sweet invitation to get away this weekend! ;-)
  • For being told I was 'full of fire' this week!!
  • For the For Sale signs I put in my yard and on my House!!! Everyone pray and think 'Sell, sell, sell'!!! I want to move closer to home and people who love me! :-)
  • I'm happy my youngest son loves his Internship & is helping people!!!!  So Proud!!
"The person who has a firm trust in the Supreme Being is powerful in his power, wise by his wisdom, happy by his happiness." ~ Joseph Addison
It's also "ALOHA FRIDAY" Everyone!!  If you want to join in the fun? Post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the Aloha Friday post at An Island Life. Then you can visit the other participants if you wish...It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends or see what people are thinking about this week and join in a conversation or two if you like.
"In seeking happiness for others, you find it for yourself." ~Anonymous
My questionWhat have you done for others, that you wish would be done for you?

My answer:   Well... I've always fought for my sons when needed and I have always wanted a man to fight for me with that same passion.   This week I was overwhelmed with the support of people 'fighting' for and supporting me!  It was so uplifting and heart warming! !! I hope I do that for others.  :-)
"Happiness is acceptance." ~Anonymous
Have a wonderful weekend! 
Love & Hugs!
~ Coreen
Bookmark and Share

13 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are feeling better about this!! And that you have the For sale sign up! Well, the question, I don't know. I have taken many people to doctors visits and grocery shopping, bought them groceries and walkers, counseled. I guess it would be the time I flew into the E.R. in a mad rage to force the doctor to admit my DIL, who couldn't walk and was in terrible pain. I would hope if I am ill and unable to fight for myself, that someone would be in the hospital with me to advocate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Coreen, I'm so sorry for your bad week... I didn't know though that you all are planning to move. How far? Where???? I'll keep you in my prayers and hope you can sell your home.

    I gave my life to my kids --as they grew up. All have turned into wonderful young men. BUT--I wish they all contacted me more than they do. I excuse them because they are all so busy. BUT--it still hurts when I hear other women talk about their sons contacting them every week.. I just don't hear from mine that often.. Sniff!!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. smiles...on wanting someone to fight for you...i am really not sure what i would want mine to be...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am smiling... reading your list... beautiful post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Coreen, I too find blogging to be not just creative outlet, but writing things down, our emotions and our opinions, is also highly therapeutic.
    I too am always amazed over the kindness and support my "virtual" friends offer at all times and i am happy to return the favor.
    As for your question, I could not agree more with your own answer - to love passionately and unconditionally, whether the love is romantic or platonic.;)
    Good luck with the selling and have a great weekend,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seemed to miss during my week away you're moving, I wish you the best of luck.
    Take care,
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. TGIF Coreen! We made it. SELL, SELL, SELL! All I ever want in return for something I have done is a smile, no strings :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never used to feel grateful..life was so dark but I am now...since He touched me..changed everything and seeing the glass half full has made so much difference. Great post...loved reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad your better dear and your week is a happy one xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always better to know that in the fight for something, we're not alone. Good luck on your plan of moving. I hope everything will fall into place so that you can move near your home. I wish you well and happiness. Always take hold of the happiness in your heart. Take care and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck on your move. May this move bring more love towards you and closure to those you are leaving behind.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am thinking "sell" for you!! Congrats on listing!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this post! Get away for the weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails