Life changing true stories told to encourage, empower and inspire us!

Bookmark and Share

"Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities." ~Unknown

Email me anytime: coreen.velvetoversteel@gmail.com

"The Greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance!" ~Brian Tracy

All post and stories are the sole property of Velvet Over Steel aka Coreen Trost. I write and create post in order to help others, so share as you want. I just ask that you link back or give VOS credit. Some of the stories are going into a book in progress. Thank You ALL.. for your support and help!!
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Half Full and Aloha Friday Question...

"Everything is material for the seed of happiness, if you look into it with inquisitiveness and curiosity. The future is completely open, and we are writing it moment to moment. There always is the potential to create an environment of blame -- or one that is conducive to loving-kindness." ~Pema Chodron
Half Full Friday is a series of weekly posts that Eye Girl originally started in June 2009.  Now the it is hosted by Sprinkles at Wyldechylde.  We believe that a lot of our happiness is determined by our attitude about the things that happen to us. So by participating, we are deciding to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. We are choosing to concentrate on the positives, instead of dwelling on the negatives. Our Half Full Friday posts are a way to do just that. They are a list of the things in our life that have brought us happiness over the past week. We are determined to find the something good in every day. Are you?
"Could we change our attitude, we should not only see life differently, but life itself would come to be different." ~Katherine Mansfield
For the next week, we challenge you to keep a list of at least one thing that brought you happiness each day.

This week I'm Happy and Thankful for:
  • For the many projects I have planned in the next few weeks!! :-)
  • For Google Analytics! I had forgotten it was attached to my blog, until 3 weeks ago. Best 'tool' ever!!!! :-)
  • I'm happy for my outlook on life and my hope for the future!!!
"Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples, don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious." ~Bill Meyer


It's also "ALOHA FRIDAY" Everyone!!  If you want to join in the fun? Post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the Aloha Friday post at An Island Life. Then you can visit the other participants if you wish...It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends or see what people are thinking about this week and join in a conversation or two if you like.
"So often time it happens, we all live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key." ~The Eagles, "Already Gone"
My question:  What is your 'key' to happiness?

My answer:   I would say my 'key' is:  learning, growing and giving back to others.  I believe that if you are honest with yourself... you can always see a 'lessen' that helps us grow after each life experience... good or bad.  When we grow, we learn more understanding and compassion.  Motivating us to give back to others.
"Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine." ~Anthony J. D'Angelo, The College Blue Book
Have a Wonderful Weekend, Everyone!
Love & Hugs!
~ Coreen
Bookmark and Share

13 comments:

  1. My key to happiness is God. I know down deep that no matter what happens - he is always there and is running the show. And I have choices. We have choices. And we can decide to be happy and eventually happiness will come.
    Love,
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. my key is i dont take myself too seriously...stuff happens...we'll get over.through it...and if i jack it up, there is always tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I have a key to happiness. I guess being thankful for everything, seeing the beauty around me, even in the little things, and helping others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My key to happiness is the JOY of the ALMIGHTY LORD ....In HIS WORD GOD reveals to us the secret to true happiness ( which by the way is joy ) .....Since happiness is contingent upon circumstance there are many scriptures that point us in the direction of how to obtain this joy....Here are some for us to read up on :NEHEMIAH 8:10, PSALM 1 , PSALM 19:8,
    JOHN 17:13, ACTS 2:28, ROMANS 15:13,JAMES 1:2
    and the scripture that sums it all up is found in 1JOHN 1:4 .....I thank the LORD every time my human mind thinks of it because truly there is JOY in knowing GOD .....THANK - YOU for this wonderful post and allowing me to share .... Have a wonderful day !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must not forget to share that happiness and joy are two different things ......TO GOD BE THE GLORY !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The key to happiness I've found is also a pearl of great price: "God made me to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him in this world, and to be HAPPY with Him for ever in heaven."

    ReplyDelete
  7. My "Key" to happiness is God and my family. This maybe the reason why I kept on digging old pictures. Because I will be asked with this question. It is amazing how God redirect our path to the right one when we tend to mislead ourselves. Have a great weekend Coreen and always put God in the center of your life. He will guide you always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful post Coreen,a most interesting subject.

    Have a great week-end.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My key to happiness is knowing He's there in my corner...always. Every thurs I list five things I'm grateful for. It's like your half full friday which I love...helps me to focus on the good....hope your weekend is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Coreen, My key to happiness is being healthy and happy in my 'later years' of life--with my sweetheart. We love to get out in nature ---and since Spring is coming, hopefully we will be able to get out more soon.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just looking at google analytics for my own blog! I've read several other blogs' posts about how people found them but I don't ever have any good stories. Mostly people seem to find me from looking for cute animal pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the great content. It's interesting, thank you for sharing, and thank you for your great work. Here you will learn everything you need to know about Guide to use Auto Clicker for Windows , if you are just getting started. See article How To Use Auto Clicker For Windows for more details. If you want to know more about Auto Clicker, then learn how to use Auto Clicker on Windows.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would LOVE your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails